Saint Mary’s High School in Manhasset is seeking a full-time mathematics teacher to join its Mathematics Department. The successful candidates will be a practicing Catholic with a desire to model and foster intellectual and moral virtue in young people. Each St. Mary’s teacher is dedicated to developing the whole person in academics, the arts, athletics and a growing commitment to God and others.
The Mathematics Teacher position is a full-time position with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Teach five sections of mathematics
- Ability to teach Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II and Pre-Calculus
- Experience teaching/ability to teach AP Statistics is a plus
- Work collaboratively and be open to feedback on improving teaching skills
- Participate in departmental and school-wide professional development initiatives
- Participate in the extracurricular life of the school
- Attend and contribute to grade level, faculty, and department meetings
- Teach and lead students in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic church and the mission of St. Mary’s High School
● Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or related field
● NYS teacher certification or currently working towards certification
● Practicing Catholic with a personal commitment to Catholic mission in education
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and cover letter to Mr. Gerard J. Buckley, Principal at email@example.com.