Transaction Support Associate
Benchmark International is looking for an experienced and driven Associate to add to our growing team. As an Associate, you will be a part of our busy office. The Associate will collect, analyze, summarize, and discuss Benchmark International’s clients’ most sensitive data; preparing our clients to enter the mergers & acquisitions market. Through a comprehensive review of internal financial statements, corporate tax returns, contracts, and other corporate documents; the Business Associate will learn how to identify risks, value businesses, and set or adjust client expectations. The Associate will also help with various financial activities related such as deal analysis, working capital analysis, and other task needed to serve our clients.
Your experience throughout the years will be a great resource for the Benchmark team, however as an Associate, you will act under the instruction of and be trained by Benchmark International’s experienced leadership team, with combined experience of over 40 years in the M&A markets.
Your specific duties as an Associate will include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships by communicating effectively to ensure expectations of both buyer and seller are met
- Gather comprehensive information about client’s business through multiple sources to ensure a thorough and accurate analysis for client promotion
- Prepare and routinely update marketing materials, financial statements and business intelligence reports focusing the company’s strengths and opportunities
- Analyze and interpret client’s financial situation, including historical, current and expected future performance
- Prepare and present detailed financial reports after reviewing internal financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Conduct outreach to prospective buyers and update marketing materials with current information
- Ensure the CRM system is up to date with information about each client
- Provide consultative guidance on accounting, financial and valuation matters
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Comply with all policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
As an Associate, you must be highly energetic and passionate individual with a positive and highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude. You must have the strong desire and ambition to succeed in this demanding but rewarding industry. It is also vital for your role as an Associate that you possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytic, mathematical, and interpersonal skills as well as presentation abilities.
The Associate is a client-facing role that must be able to convey bad news and deal with clients’ unique sensitivities while keeping each client moving through the company sales process at a steady pace.
Specific qualifications for the Associate include:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Proficient personal computer skills include electronic e-mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle a rigorous schedule of deadlines
- Experienced in professional business writing preferred; including writing business plans and information memorandums
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Proficient in financial-modeling, financial-analysis, and Excel
- Commercial understanding and awareness of business and operations in various industries
- Possess valid and current driver license
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration or advanced degree Finance, Marketing, or Accounting or an unrelated degree with significant work experience in one or more of these fields
- Availability for occasional travel
- Ability to obtain a Florida real-estate sales associate license within 90 days of employment (For employment in our Florida office).
- Ability to obtain a Texas real-estate sales associate license within 7 months of employment (Fer employment in our Texas office).
- Absence of any unfavorable history with FINRA, the SEC, or any state regulatory agency.
- Must be able to work in the office each and every day as this is not a remote or hybrid position.
This position will receive salary plus in the range of $50,000 to $80,000 and an additional end-of-year bonus if the team’s target is achieved. On target earnings in the range of $52,500 - $88,000.
All Benchmark International positions offer paid time off, standard holidays, and community service days. Employees are eligible for highly competitive company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and AD&D insurance; 401k with company matching; flexible spending accounts; and flexible dependent care assistance accounts. Quarterly team outings and standing desks are employee favorites at present.
Benchmark International is an active, contributing member of the communities in which we work. The company participates in significant charitable giving opportunities throughout the year. Many of the recipient charities have been identified by our individual employees as a result of their personal passions for supporting particular needs. In addition, each employee is encouraged to use two paid work days per year to provide their labor and skills to the community.
Benchmark International is one of the world’s leading merger and acquisitions specialists specializing in the sale of mid-market companies. We are looking to recruit some of the most talented and exceptional individuals within the state. With offices throughout the world, we are in touch with all the major acquirers and consolidators who are constantly seeking both on and off market opportunities across all sectors. Our typical transactions fall broadly within the $5m to $500m ‘mid-market value range’. Our unique and dynamic international offering presents our clients with unparalleled global coverage, allowing them access through our exclusive databases and business intelligence facilities to both international markets and local representation. Our clients include entrepreneurs and owner managed businesses.
Our Tampa headquarters opened in mid-2012 and continues to grow as our domestic client base and international buyer-contacts expand. We offer our clients a unique business proposition that has resonated well with the US market as it has previously with markets in other countries. Recognizing that the US M&A markets are the most robust in the world, particularly in this coveted middle-market range, we are planning to continue to grow our US presence in the coming years. Coming onboard now presents you the opportunity to ride this wave of growth. Benchmark International has always promoted from within and we look forward to bringing you onboard as the next generation of Benchmark International’s leaders.
Unfortunately, Benchmark International is not in a position to sponsor visas for candidates at this time.
Benchmark International provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. The Company takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.