Special Project Team Associate
The incumbent will join the Special Projects Team in the Strategy and Research Department. S/He will serve as a multi-tasker with agility, assisting in the planning and execution of routine and ad-hoc projects under the Special Projects Unit. The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to copywriting and drafting reporting documents and presentations for the management in both English and Chinese, conducting research in such fields as Environment Social & Governance (ESG), RMB market and internationalization, Eight Priority Areas for Enhancing Financial Service Capabilities, etc., and developing research reports.
Include but are not limited to:
Report Copywriting and Internal/External Communication
- Assist with the preparation of regular and ad hoc reporting documents, presentations, and any other forms of deliverables in both English and Chinese
- Develop internal and external communication documents and letters for various topics under the Special Project Unit in both English and Chinese
Routine Publication Projects
- Contribute to department’s various newsletters, publications, Staff News, and company website
- Conduct research on the RMB market and internationalization trends and support the quarterly publication of department’s bilingual RMB-themed publication
- Research on ESG regulatory and financial market trends; analyze data/trends to identify potential impacts and contribute to department’s English bi-monthly publication
- Lead or participate in the research projects as directed
- Provide in-depth analysis monitoring the topics related to the ESG, London Interbank Offered Rate transition, RMB internationalization, Eight Priority Areas for Enhancing Financial Service Capabilities, etc.
- Participate in ESG Working Group Secretariat work items
- Support department’s training and seminars, webinar events and other activities and ad hoc tasks as directed
- Bachelor’s degree required; Economics, Finance, Communications major preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in copywriting and research within banking, ESG, green finance, RMB, etc.
- Knowledge in Economics, Finance, Banking, Accounting and Copywriting
- Research report writing and presentation skills and qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, in both Chinese and English required
- Experience in researching and report drafting in both Chinese and English is preferred