Individual Gifts Officer
In collaboration with the Director of Advancement and Donor Services along with the Principal Gift Officer, this position will create innovative fundraising strategies for UTEC that will help identify and inspire donors and grow a philanthropic pipeline. This position will create and execute an individualized and engaging program, and annual appeals, and collaborate with a development team to identify trends and areas for giving while managing the annual giving plan. This position will join an advancement team that supports UTEC’s mission by raising funds to advance its programs and outreach efforts and strengthen the communities it serves. This individual will serve as a visible frontline fundraiser and manage a portfolio of 125-150 individuals who have the capacity to give. This position develops strategies as well as conducts the planning, coordination, and implementation of initiatives for the individuals assigned with the expectation to grow our donors and their affinity to UTEC.
Background on UTEC, INC:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. We serve young adults, ages 17-25, with serious criminal and gang involvement in the Merrimack Valley area (Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill). UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach and in-reach within correctional facilities, specifically targeting proven high-risk youth “where they’re at.” UTEC engages youth in workforce development (running our own social enterprises in mattress recycling, food services, and woodworking), while also integrating educational programs (high school equivalency preparation and other core competencies). We provide intensive transitional coaching and counseling services, all within a two-generational approach (providing on-site child care, parenting and a whole family approach for our young parents and their kids). Finally, our model prioritizes embedding social justice and civic engagement in all programming, including the opportunity for young adults to lead policy campaigns on issue areas that directly impact them (e.g. criminal justice reform).
Create and implement individual giving strategies for donor segments, identifying opportunities for growth.
- Travel frequently within the Greater Boston and Merrimack Valley Region to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit outright and different gifts
- Prepare written proposals, appeals, informational materials, and other materials to secure philanthropic gifts
- Develop and report fundraising metrics/goals for individual annual giving
- Create the cultivation, stewardship, and donor relations processes for all donor segments
- Lead all aspects of the individual giving solicitation strategies
- Planning and executing segmentation strategies based on analytics
- Support major and board giving strategy, including organizing strategy meetings with Chief Advancement Officer and Chief Executive Officer
- Conduct prospect research of donors and identify opportunities for increased giving and prospects for major gift portfolios
- Personally cultivate a portfolio of donors, as determined in partnership with Principal Gift Officer and Chief Advancement Officer
- Utilize Salesforce to ensure all donor interactions and information are tracked and stored accurately
- Work with colleagues on the External Relations team for integrated strategies
- In partnership with the Director of Advancement and Donor Services plan and implement stewardship strategies for the cultivation and retention of supporters
- Develop a thorough understanding of the UTEC’s history and mission and be prepared to speak as an ambassador of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in creating and/or implementing strategies that resulted in the growth of the program and successful results with relationship-based fundraising is preferred
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to self-direct, and be comfortable working with various computer software programs
- Ability to organize time and work in an effective manner, and to prioritize and manage numerous deadlines and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow successful interaction with all areas of the organization and with external clients
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Work independently and very proactively with minimal direction/supervision
- Comfortable working within an inclusive environment
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of formal education, training, or experience in development or a related field
- 1-3yrs of experience creating and implementing individual giving strategies for donor segments
Salary: Salary range is $65,000- $80,000. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday, and paid sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, free counseling for all staff, and unlimited free coffee courtesy of Café UTEC! Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
For questions, or to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Charlotte Niedermann email@example.com.