2023 Staff Accountant Internship- Toms River
Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd, or do you see yourself as a trailblazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory, maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique, well-paid full-time internship at Novogradac & Company LLP. Novogradac is hiring Staff Accountant Interns to explore our firm for busy season 2023 (January 2023 through end of March 2023).
This distinct internship program is designed to expose the future leaders of public accounting not only to our partners, but also to our business and how we empower our clients' businesses. Our trendsetting interns learn hands-on what it takes to be a staff accountant for a growing national CPA firm by tackling a variety of different assignments, including audit, tax preparation and research. Novogradac believes in giving our interns a real-life business experience and compensating you well while you’re here. Some positions at Novogradac may be open to remote or hybrid work arrangements depending on business needs. Please discuss available options with your recruiter.
Your Contributions and Responsibilities
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business-specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Your Background and Skills
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance (obtained degree is a plus), and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience
- GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Preferred completion of at least one Intermediate Accounting course and preferably on track or already qualified to sit for the CPA examination
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time-efficient manner with strong attention to detail, organization and follow-through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
Why work with us?
Our firm is committed to providing our people with opportunities to excel professionally. We believe in the importance of a welcoming work culture and quality work-life integration to support our staff as we grow together.
We’re leading the way to a better future of work culture.
- Competitive salaries with continuous review of market conditions
- Flexible working hours and work arrangements
- Remote and hybrid opportunities
- Expanding Social Impact department for a healthy, happy, inclusive and productive workplace
The benefits of joining our team
- Strong growth opportunities
- Strong emphasis on quality work-life integration
- Dress for your day policy
- Resources of a national firm
Get to know us better!
Hello! We’re Novogradac & Company LLP, a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 40 certified public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Ready to learn more?
This is a paid internship. To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Novogradac’s culture is centered on education, acceptance, innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the different perspectives that each of our employees bring to Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.