Help Desk Specialist
InterSystems develops advanced software technologies that enable breakthroughs. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing support and assistance with hardware and software related issues for InterSystems employees.
- Configure computers for employees and guests at all levels of seniority and IT literacy, including software installations, network configurations, hardware integration and final testing.
- Troubleshoot and repair in-house systems. In addition to hardware failures, this includes difficulties with software such as system freezes, application crashes, and slow performance.
- Set up, maintain, and support printers, phones, and collaboration technologies.
- Maintain current information regarding new products, drivers, versions, etc., relevant to in-house systems and software. Acquire and distribute new products as appropriate.
- Liaise with internal and external support personnel where needed for the setup of special projects – such as shows, demonstrations and on-site training courses. Where appropriate, provide informal technical training to users.
- Ensure that all support calls are logged and recorded.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting PC hardware and operating systems in a networked environment.
- Desktop support skills, centered around Windows, Mac and Microsoft Office suites.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a positive and pro-active attitude towards end-user problems.
- Proven problem-solving and technical support skills.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking. Ability to configure client network connectivity.
- Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond promptly to technical support issues, occasionally during nights and weekends.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.