Research Associate, Exploratory Chemistry
Why join us?
FogPharma® is pioneering the discovery, development, and commercialization of HeliconTM peptides, an exciting new drug modality that uniquely combines the cell-permeability of traditional small molecule drugs with the specificity, broad target accessibility and discovery speed of monoclonal antibody drugs. Our patented Helicon peptide technology allows us to modulate the activity of well-known intracellular disease drivers that have thus far evaded small molecule and biologic therapies.
FogPharma’s lead program targets β-Catenin, a cancer driver in the WNT pathway. Inhibition of β-Catenin has the potential to benefit more than one-fifth of all cancer patients, and is just one of many opportunities for Fog’s lead-discovery platform to change future medicines, therapies and lives. We recently selected a lead development candidate and plan to initiate clinical development early next year.
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our exploratory chemistry team. You will play a major role in the development of our HeliconTM discovery engine and our multiplexed optimization paradigm.
- Synthesis of helicon libraries for optimization of permeability.
- Provide exploratory chemistry support for our platform and new target teams.
- Work as a member of a project team to support chemical synthesis needs for target specific hit to lead activities to fill our pipeline.
- Apply developed chemical technologies to improve efficiency of our multiplexed optimization paradigm.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to drive the advancement of HeliconTM peptides for emerging intracellular macromolecular biological targets.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- B.S. or M.S in Chemistry or related field with 0-3+ years of industry experience related to synthetic organic chemistry, methodology development, or process chemistry. Medicinal chemistry and peptide chemistry a plus but not required.
- Significant laboratory experience.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong knowledge of, and appreciation for, laboratory safety procedures.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience in peptide synthesis and purification, or preparation of amino-acids is a plus.
- Able to work on-site and attend in-person meetings (Fog employees are required to be fully vaccinated to attend in-person work-related activities. Reasonable Accommodations will be made for individuals with a sincerely held religious belief or disability who are not vaccinated)
As an equal opportunity employer, Fog values diversity and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
30 Acorn Park Drive | Cambridge, MA 02140 | www.fogpharma.com