If interested in this opportunity Please send a cover letter describing training and research experience, along with CV, to Dr. Jian Shu directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID: 3206279
Job Link: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=3206279&lang=en
We are seeking multiple self-motivated individuals with experience in biology and outstanding practical skills to join the Shu Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (https://www.jianshulab.org/). You will work closely with postdoctoral research fellows in the Shu lab on projects to develop novel single-cell and spatial multi-omics and imaging technologies to investigate various diseases. You will perform experiments under the supervision of research fellows and assist with their projects. Laboratory experiments include but are not limited to tissue culture, RNA and DNA preparation, PCR, single-cell multi-omics library preparation, tissue preparation and histological analysis, and flow cytometry. In addition, the successful candidate should interact well with other team members, adapt flexibly to the dynamic challenges of an academic research environment, facilitate project completion, address technical problems, and summarize and present project results.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field required
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience with molecular biology such as DNA purification, analytical and preparative gel electrophoresis, enzymatic manipulation, PCR, sequencing, and molecular cloning; experience can be from work during undergraduate education. The person should have some technical ability, proficiency, and accuracy in scientific experimentation.
- Experience with RNA-seq and/or ATAC-seq preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to work independently when trained. The person will also need to be able to work in a group
- environment and be of assistance to a number of research projects.
- Passion, ambition, scientific curiosity, and the desire and ability to improve existing technology preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Laboratory previous experience is preferred but not required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
Laboratory facility environment at MGH Navy Yard campus.