Bookkeeper - Hebrew Proficiency required
About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generation, the American Jewish community, and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
Under the direction of the IAC Director of Finance, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including recording financial transactions, managing credit cards and payables, general ledger, and reconciling bank statements. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the IAC Director of Finance.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Serve as a main point of contact for Regional Directors/Managers, on accounting and finance related issues
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Review and record cash receipts and deposits.
- Review and record vendor invoices and payments
- Review and record credit card transactions
- Issue invoices and process receipts of payments.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of G/L accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Prepare monthly and any periodical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Assist in generating 1099's and W-2's.
- Prepare all the material needed for the CPA’s annual audit work.
- Perform document printing, scanning, mailing and record keeping as needed.
- Assist with or perform ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Director of Finance
- Advanced experience with accounting systems, preferably Netsuite.
- Bookkeeping experience & formal education
- Knowledge and practical experience with a CRM software – an advantage
- Attention to Details
- Time management skills
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be fluent in both Hebrew and English.