Social Media Intern
The Nature Connection, a nonprofit organization based in Concord, MA is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative Social Media intern to assist our growing organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our organization while also gaining professional experience. Nature Connection uses several social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn to assist us in getting our mission out there and increasing awareness of our organizational goals. The social media intern’s responsibilities will involve cultivating an understanding of these goals and assisting us in creating original content to communicate our mission to the community. Commitment to this role will help us increase nature accessibility in our community and beyond.
Experience with graphic design and/or social media content creation is a plus, though all are welcome to apply. This is an unpaid internship.
This position is 8-12 hours/week at our Concord, MA office for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Hybrid Model: This position has the potential for half of scheduled weekly hours to be done remotely, the other half must be completed in person. This is not a fully remote position.
Social Media Intern Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with internet researching
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Manages the organizations social media accounts by creating and distributing content through images, infographics, and video
- Brainstorms and researches ideas for original content
- Creates captivating graphics to share across social accounts
- Writes social media captions that speak to organization's audience
- Develops new strategies for increasing engagement
- Assists with photo/video content creation
- Engages with audience by responding to comments, messages etc.
- Optional potential travel to program sites for photography opportunities
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in The Nature Connection and how it relates to your overall career goals to: Pam McKenna, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.