Fieldwork Placement - Bay Area
In the San Francisco Bay Area, Seneca provides in-depth fieldwork placement and training opportunities for MSW interns, Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT trainees) and Professional Clinical Counseling (PCC trainees).
Graduate Fieldwork Placements follow a standard school year schedule beginning in the fall and ending in the spring/early summer. First year students are required to work at least 16 hours per week and second year students are required to work 20-24 hours per week. Exact schedules are decided on with the supervising clinician according to the students’ availability and the program’s needs. Undergraduate Internships require a commitment of at least 10 hours a week with preferred length of internship to be 6 months or more. Due to the sensitive needs of the kids and families we serve, we ask that students assist in providing a healthy transition into and out of our kids and families lives. Exact schedules are decided on with the supervising staff according to the students’ availability and the program’s needs.
Students are provided with the following opportunities:
- An intensive orientation to Seneca’s population served, values, philosophy, and practice at the beginning of their fieldwork placement.
- An opportunity to conduct hands-on fieldwork.
- Training and supervision focused on the Seneca treatment model.
- Multiple and varying training opportunities presented on a wide range of topics applicable to working with children and their families.
- Weekly supervision provided by a Seneca Clinician with an appropriate degree or license.
- Weekly group supervision when applicable to the student’s fieldwork agreement.
- Be part of an agency dedicated to helping provide permanent families to allow the children to thrive.
- Proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted.
Who should apply?
The training settings we offer are most appropriate for advanced students who already have some exposure to clinical populations and direct work with clients. You must be currently enrolled in a clinical graduate program with one of our partnering universities to qualify to apply. Please note: Fieldwork placements do not automatically lead to employment at Seneca.
To Apply: You will need to complete the Fieldwork Matching Form and attach it to your online application. To begin your online application, click the "Apply Now" button on this page.
Note for Post Graduate Clinical Interns:
As a post graduate MSW (ASW) or MFT (AMFT) you may qualify for any of the Clinician/Therapist positions at Seneca. As an employee, Seneca will assist you in gaining your hours, trainings, as well as supervision and support, as you move towards licensure. For more information about applying for a Clinical position with Seneca, please go to Employment Opportunities and browse our full-time employment openings.