Orr Fellowship recruits and develops the next generation of business leaders and entrepreneurs in Indianapolis, and we welcome soon-to-be graduates of all backgrounds to apply. It is a 2 year Fellowship program where Fellows work as full time employees at a business in Indy.
Outside of work, Fellows participate in programming focused on continued learning and community building through Orr Fellowship. We are looking for candidates that are hungry, humble and people smart.
Orr Fellow Experience:
1. A two-year commitment as a full-time, salaried employee with a dynamic partner company. Fellows are often given considerable responsibility, even in entry roles. Fellows may market, code, design, sell, or manage projects. Fellows often get the chance to enter unique roles and rotational programs not available to other new hires.
2. Continued learning, skill building, and professional development. Fellows participate in a programming designed to develop understanding and skills vital to the spirit of entrepreneurship and business leadership. A few of the components include a skills enhancement stipend, a customized leadership development courses, personal finance workshops, and personality assessments.
3. An unrivaled, extensive peer and alumni network. With an Orr Fellow alumni network base spanning more than 20 years, current Fellows have unparalleled access to alumni who have started, formed and led companies across Indianapolis.
4. Through events such as Business Leader Speaker Series and Alumni events, Fellows have multiple opportunities to network with and learn from the leading forces in the Indianapolis business community. Fellows also receive personalized 1:1 professional career coaching.
5. Additionally, philanthropic initiatives such as Launchpad (inspiring middle school students to dream big by teaching the basics of entrepreneurism) and non-profit consulting help to instill the next generation of business leaders with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
6. Immersion in Indy culture and opportunities for civic engagement. Part of living life as an Orr Fellow is becoming immersed in Indianapolis. Fellows find themselves engaging in the vibrant city via local music and art festivals, volunteer opportunities, the excellent food scene, and by supporting our multiple professional sports teams.