Social Media Intern Fall 2022
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing food waste. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to human service agencies, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reduced food waste. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 6 million pounds of food with an average of over 200% growth year over year.
- We’re passionate about food rescue and its potential to eliminate hunger
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it: monthly team-building activities, cooking competitions, and more!
- We aim high: we’ve grown every year, in terms of both new partners and pounds of food rescued, and we’re projected to continue that growth trend each year moving forward
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Social Media Intern is charged with leveraging social media platforms to spread awareness of food insecurity and promote the RLC brand in the local and online communities. They will help market new initiatives and events on social media networks. The Social Media Intern’s essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Posting content daily to various platforms
- Working with the graphic designer to develop content
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Developing online marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Collaborating closely with other Marketing team members
- Passion for mission-based work and interest in relevant business function; prior relevant coursework preferred
- Willingness to take initiative and collaborate with a team or manager
- Ability to work independently and persevere through ambiguity
- Eagerness to provide and receive feedback with an eye towards growth and development
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort representing RLC and engaging professionally with stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and manage an evolving workload
- Familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g., Google Workspace) preferred
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect, and responsibility
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. However, you will receive a monthly $127 stipend to help cover your travel costs (if you are NY city-based). Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is in September 2022 with an end date in December 2022. Be sure to consult your academic advisor to determine if this unpaid experience can count for academic credit.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your resume.