Electrical Engineer 2 (R&D)
What if the work you did every day could impact the lives of people you know? Or all of humanity?
At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of People around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options
Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself. Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference. Surrounded by extraordinary people, inspiring leaders, and world changing projects, you will do more and become more than you ever thought possible.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven and experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Embedded Systems Test Team. As a member of Illumina’s award-winning team providing reliable cutting-edge genetic analysis products you will have the opportunity to work with the latest electronic sensing, optics and fluidics technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to independently perform troubleshooting, testing, and checkout on complex analog/digital PCAs
- Interact with firmware, electrical, and mechanical product development teams to propose solutions to issues
- Implement and test fixes, repairs, and modifications to PCAs
- Maintain lab equipment and supplies subject to Quality Team requirements
- Lead efforts to investigate PCA issues using test instrumentation equipment ranging from data acquisition systems, common sensor configurations, scopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Perform electrical engineering activities such as design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment as needed
- Typically requires a BSc/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree w/ 2+ years of experience
- Electrical engineering background and extensive systems troubleshooting and test experience.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical schematics, using Altium Designer tools.
- Independent prototyping, troubleshooting and debugging capabilities of complex electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in operating lab instrumentation for troubleshooting, analyzing, and testing complex PCAs
- Experience in writing technical documents such as rework and test procedures and reports, as well as communicating technical information to peers and to customers
- Able to interpret test results and propose solutions to complex problems
- Great multi-tasking capability with the ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate several tasks at the same time.
- Experience in managing and maintaining lab equipment and supplies.
- Familiarity with scripting tools and languages
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills required
- Collaborates, builds relationships and influences team members to work toward common goals
- Excellent written and oral communication and experienced presentation skills