Multifamily Real Estate Analyst (Hybrid Work Schedule)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote/ positions are available in multiple locations: Chicago, NY, LA, Mclean or Arlington VA (location is determined at the time of hire)**
As a Freddie Mac Multifamily Real Estate Analyst, you’ll get the experience and resources you need to launch a successful career in the commercial real estate industry. In this top tier program, you’ll gain exposure and directly contribute to the strategies that affect the affordability and stability of the U.S. housing market. Based on your role, the risk analysis, deal execution and customer interaction will have a strong impact on the largest multifamily housing lender in the country. Apply now and learn why there is #MoreAtFreddieMac!
Freddie Mac Multifamily offers a dynamic work environment, that allows Analysts to grow through a wide variety of experiences and responsibilities. Multifamily Real Estate Analysts take specific roles in various areas with immediate interaction with all levels including senior leadership. Placement and location are determined during the hiring process based on candidate experience, skill sets, areas of interests and business needs.
Our team is responsible for the following:
Production and Sales
- Interacting with our lenders on deal execution, property inspections, quoting and deal structuring, and working with the underwriting group to assess the risk of the deal
- Work with the Production and Sales team on deal execution by assessing the risk of the deal, reviewing borrower financials, conducting market analysis, property inspections and presenting deals for approval
Risk Distribution & Credit
- Ensure quality of underwriting data and analysis presented to external parties to securitization, report origination credit trends for securitized loans to senior management and the broader Division and support ongoing development and monitoring of Multifamily Credit Policy
Asset Management and Operations
- Customer Compliance Management (CCM) is tasked with managing Freddie Mac Multifamily’s risk exposure by overseeing operational risk and Multifamily’s dealings with financial institutions and counterparty credit risk
- Governance & Business Services is responsible for assessing and monitoring operational risks across the Multifamily Division to ensure compliance with regulators and oversight groups. Operational risks include data privacy, fraud/money laundering, information security and technology, business continuity, laws/regulations, process, and people
- Loan Administration focuses on purchase, document review, document custody, data program, and data quality activities
- Loan Servicing focuses on reconciling Servicer reporting and cash remittance with expected values, resolving errors with Servicer by month-end deadlines, managing the multifamily cash accounts and all wire transactions
- Surveillance provides physical risk analysis relating to apartment property condition, or construction or rehab analysis for properties undergoing major construction or rehabilitation
- Ensure new transactions are priced appropriately and timely
- Support the securitization process by providing due diligence, document processing, and financial/statistical analysis, and ad-hoc research
- Monitor and update inputs for pricing, status reports, and other competitive analyses
- Establish, manage, and implement divisional strategy and administration activities. Manage new business initiatives process, customer communications, marketing, training, and events
Equity in Housing
- Focused on three primary areas of impact: tenant advancement, borrower advancement, and advancing affordability in the industry.
In this role, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team and will be expected to:
- Collaborate with all levels of employees including division leadership
- Build professional relationships across the organization and enhance your business acumen through established training opportunities and day to day work execution
- Execute deals and project requirements with the highest integrity and dedication to accomplish excellence
- Assist with creating solutions that help with ensuring liquidity, stability, and affordability to the U.S. housing market
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics or Engineering
- Availability to begin full time employment in our January 2023 or June 2023 cohort
- Graduation no more than 18 months prior to start date
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.