Program Data Coordinator
Position Title: Program Data Coordinator – Compass National
Required Experience: 0-2 years of relevant work experience. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or Certification or equivalent experience
Compass Overview: Compass’ mission is to inspire business professionals to engage with their local nonprofits to transform communities. We believe nonprofits are the backbone of strong and vibrant communities and know many are overstretched and under-resourced. Utilizing volunteers from leading companies and other business professionals, Compass provides pro bono consulting services to local nonprofits. In addition, Compass’ Sorkin Center provides support to nonprofit boards and leaders through various trainings, convenings, and programs.
Position Overview: Are you enthusiastic about data management? Do you have an obsessive attention to detail? Are you a technophile who gets a thrill out of figuring out how to robustly use different tech platforms? Do you want to work with a fantastic team at a high-performing social impact organization? Are you eager to deploy your data skills to drive meaningful social change? This is the position for you! Your mission: be the data “engine” that allows multiple Compass programs to thrive and empowers front-line Compass staff to focus on strategy and stakeholder relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will: possess strong data management, spreadsheet, and data visualization skills; be comfortable with simultaneously juggling multiple detail-oriented projects for multiple internal stakeholders; and be at ease with working in an evolving tech environment.
The position is based in Washington, DC. The Program Data Coordinator will work 2-3 days per week in-person at the Compass office and remote the rest of the time. The Program Data Coordinator is required to provide occasional event and weekend support for Compass events, with notice. The Program Data Coordinator will report initially to the Program & Communications Manager of Compass Greater Washington, and work closely with staff across Compass.
Responsibilities: The Program Data Coordinator is responsible for collecting, maintaining, synthesizing, analyzing, and presenting program-related data (including nonprofit client data, volunteer data, and program impact data) for Compass’ Greater Washington, Chicago, and Twin Cities pro bono consulting programs, and for Compass’ Sorkin Center service lines.
Detailed responsibilities include:
Program Data Collection & Management
- Collect, track, organize, and maintain information -- in SurveyMonkey, Excel, Salesforce (and any future program databases) -- received from hundreds of nonprofit clients and 1,000+ volunteers
- Maintain real-time accuracy of Excel spreadsheets (and any future program databases) using advanced formulas, conditional formatting, and pivot tables
- Respond within 24 hours to nonprofit clients’ and volunteers’ technical and resource-related inquiries (e.g. walk them through how to access free videoconferencing tools, service line toolkits, and program documents)
- Prepare dozens of mail merges for communications with nonprofit clients and volunteers
- Support in-person and virtual program events with Zoom logistics, registration and RSVPs, and updating attendees’ Salesforce records
- Track, organize, and maintain -- in an easily-searchable digital library – all program resources, including training materials, service line toolkits, and volunteer consultants’ project deliverables
Program Data Analysis & Reporting
- Set up and maintain Excel pivot tables that allow real-time sorting of volunteer data by demographics, skills, interests for >12 program cycles/year
- Set up and maintain Excel pivot tables that allow real-time sorting of nonprofit data by issue area, geography, leadership demographics, funders, and service lines requested for >12 program cycles/year
- Analyze data and create graphical reports on year-to-year and long-term trends in nonprofit clients
- Analyze data and create graphical reports on year-to-year and long-term trends in volunteers
- Create graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize program data and KPIs for annual report, 20+ partner impact statements/year, training decks, and marketing collateral
Active Contributor to Program Strategy and Process Improvement
- Identify opportunities for data management and analysis improvements, and propose solutions
- Contribute to scoping and implementation of new client and volunteer application technology
- Contribute to scoping and implementation of new volunteer portal
- Research and catalog nonprofit topics, trends, companies, and individuals, upon request, to inform program evolution
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated obsessive attention to detail
- Strong organizational analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information spread across multiple complex datasets
- Demonstrated data reporting and data visualization skills
- Proactive problem-solver with the drive to take initiative and the judgment to know when to ask for guidance
- Willingness to learn and adapt to various technology platforms and services
- Ability to switch tasks efficiently while managing multiple requests and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM/database is a strong plus
Starting salary for this full-time role is $43,000-45,000. Compass’s benefits include: schedule flexibility, a generous paid leave package that includes at least one week/year during which the entire organization closes so that all employees can enjoy a true mental health break, medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401K plan with a 1% employer contribution, and employer-funded short- and long-term disability insurance.
Compass Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
At Compass, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory culture and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.