Operations Intern Fall 2022
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing food waste. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to human service agencies, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reduced food waste. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 6 million pounds of food with an average of over 200% growth year over year.
- We’re passionate about food rescue and its potential to eliminate hunger
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it: monthly team-building activities, cooking competitions, and more!
- We aim high: we’ve grown every year, in terms of both new partners and pounds of food rescued, and we’re projected to continue that growth trend each year moving forward
What you’ll do:
The Operations Intern will gain hands-on experience assisting with the logistics of pickups and drop-offs between food businesses, volunteers, and charitable organizations in New York City. You will also manage a variety of office tasks to make operations as efficient as possible. You will be properly trained for these tasks.
- Learning the operations of RLC's food rescue/delivery to understand our needs.
- Making sure carts are locked in the right place for volunteers to access
- Maintain food business details in database
- General outreach of current and new partners
- Volunteer as a food rescuer
- You will have to travel for this position and will receive a monthly stipend of $127 to cover your monthly MetroCard.
Who you are:
- Highly organized; ability to multitask and prioritize
- Self-motivated; ability to initiate and work independently
- Ability to work quickly to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment
- Creative; always looking for new ways to make our operations more efficient
RLC interns have the opportunity to make a true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization.
This is a part-time, hybrid unpaid internship. However, you will receive a monthly $127 stipend to help cover your traveling costs. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week. The start date is in September 2022 to the end date is in December 2022.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your resume.