Sr. Synthetic Organic Chemist
- Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Performing multistep organic synthesis and analysis of small molecules
- Purifying compounds by preparative Thin Layer Chromatography and flash column chromatography
- Executing product manufacturing according to established procedures, record the data, interpret results and validate the quality of data
- Utilizing traditional synthetic chemical techniques, execute routine chemical procedures involving organic chemistry, HPLC, TLC and MS analysis of chemical compounds.
- Working safely and in compliance with all applicable federal and local regulations, following written or electronic procedures and monitors quality control
- Ensuring products are manufactured on time.
- Supporting general lab functions, maintenance of equipment, product quality, packaging, on-time delivery of products, ensure cleanliness of workplace and good general laboratory techniques
- Properly operating NMR, GC, HPLC, and LC-MS instruments
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the manufacturing methods
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- MS degree in chemistry
- 2-3 years' lab experience
- Ph.D. in chemistry
- 1-2 years' of lab experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- May work with 14Carbon or 3H (Tritium) labeled materials
- Requires knowledge of organizational principles, chemical processes, inventory control systems, 5S, lean manufacturing;.
- The candidate should have a good familiarity with synthetic chemical equipment and modern analytical tools such as NMR, HPLC, and LC-MS equipment.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, prior experience with SAP or similar ERP systems an asset.