Environmental & Sustainability Regional Lead, AMER #203597
Our field of responsibility
The Regional Lead, Environment & Sustainability (Americas) is responsible for the management and implementation of Credit Suisse’s ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System (EMS) across Credit Suisse operations in the America region. In collaboration with the Regional Leads for EMEA, APAC, and Switzerland; this individual will develop the EMS to ensure it comprises inquisitive and effective procedures, tools, and guidance that ensure regulatory compliance and drive continuous improvement in our operational environmental performance against our strategic sustainability targets. This individual will report into the Global Head of Environment, Energy, and Sustainability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, in conjunction with the three other Regional Leads, the development of the Global ISO14001 Environmental Management System, adopting the best methodology tools, guidance and systems to deliver effective and efficient environmental risk management and performance improvement.
- Lead the implementation of the Environmental Management System across the Credit Suisse Americas operations; working in partnership with all key customers (including supply chain) to deliver compliance and continuous improvement across the business.
- Manage the internal and external audit programs across the region in partnership with the Head of Environmental Governance.
- Assess and manage the physical and transitional risks from climate change to the Credit Suisse operational estate
- Deliver operational environmental content and data for the Sustainability Report, internal reports, external rating agencies (e.g. DJSI, CDP), and for internal and external communications
- Work in partnership with the Regional Energy, Carbon & Utilities Manager and oversee the delivery of the Credit Suisse Net Zero Transition strategy across the Americas.
- Act as the subject matter expert for local environmental regulations and voluntary drivers, enabling Credit Suisse to ensure full compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and capitalization of available opportunities (e.g Government subsidies, industry collaboration, research opportunities etc)
- Provide environmental and sustainability subject matter expertise across the real estate value chain (e.g. capital projects, facilities management, supply chain)
- Support the Global Head of Energy, Environment & Sustainability as required with strategic (inc. target calibrations, policy drafting, internal partner engagement & collaboration) and BAU workstreams (inc. budgets, risk management, reporting)