Fall 2022 - Virtual Brand Marketing Intern
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy, and in operations. The past two decades have seen important progress on child rights, yet while much has been achieved, sharp disparities remain. In most countries, inequality is higher today than a generation ago, including in middle-income countries where most of the world’s poor children now live. The rapid pace of urbanization and the growing youth bulge in Africa and parts of Asia will require significant expansion of the provision of essential services for children. These challenges are compounded by the scale and complexity of crises triggered by conflict, natural disasters, or epidemics. The global community faces these challenges when the political and economic environments pose challenges of their own, testing the world’s commitment to protecting the most vulnerable. In this environment, the strong and consistent leadership of UNICEF is critical to enabling the achievement of results for children.
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that rallies the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children through the unmatched reach of UNICEF. Headquartered in New York City, UNICEF USA has some 300 employees distributed across nine regional offices in the U.S. To fuel UNICEF’s life-saving work across the globe, UNICEF USA raises nearly $600 million dollars from private sources every year and marshals its supporters to advocate for over $800 million in annual US government support. UNICEF USA has built an abroad-based movement to advocate for the well-being and protection of children globally.
UNICEF USA seeks a Brand Marketing Intern. The intern work in collaboration with UNICEF USA’s Campaigns team within the Integrated Brand Marketing department, reporting to the Assistant Director. They will help research, analyze and organize around the UUSA brand to better how we engage supporters, volunteers, and partners in UNICEF USA's efforts. We are currently seeking paid interns ($15/hour) for our cohort that will commence in September.
Time Frame: September 20, 2022 - December 9, 2022
Pay rate: $15/Hourly
Hours per Week: Up to 20 hours (Fall cohort only)
This internship would provide an opportunity to learn about:
• Insight into human rights non-profit competitive landscape
• Development of reports shared with senior leadership
• Involvement in campaigns that support the organization and its work
• Direct experience with brand research tools
• Project Management experience, including our Data and Asset Management system (DAM)
• Brand research and as-needed brand analytics support
• Help support brand development both internally and externally
• Explore and pull examples for quarterly Competitive Analysis reports
• Assist in the maintenance of UUSA's Data and Asset Management system (DAM)
• Build media collections in the DAM to support brand campaigns and department needs
• Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
• Candidates should have taken courses in Statistics and/or Data Coding, with Marketing Sciences preferred
• Interest in brand campaigns, project management, research and analysis, nonprofit management, or related field preferred
• Preferred experience with research and analysis, and strong organization skills
• The ideal candidate will be resourceful with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work autonomously with attention to detail
• Proven ability to work well with a diverse group of people in a team setting
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; experience working with cross-country teams a plus
• Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is preferred guidance will be provided on advanced needs
• Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Our fall intern cohort will be virtual and part of a larger program across the organization. Interns will be paid $15 hourly. Interns will be allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. Our internship program is open only to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in a college or university degree program. The student may receive college credit for the internship if their college or university permits. Interns work for a period of 8 to 12 weeks in a variety of areas. All interns must be at least 18 years of age and comply with all employment laws.
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. UUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.