Multifamily Equity in Housing Intern (Hybrid or Remote Work Schedule)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
**This is a hybrid or remote position. Hybrid is 2 days in the office and 3 days remote. Positions are available in multiple locations: Chicago, NY, LA, Mclean or Arlington VA (location is determined at the time of hire)**
Are you looking for an inclusive company culture to help prepare you for a successful career? The Multifamily Division within Freddie Mac is searching for talented and creative individuals to support the division’s objectives, projects, and initiatives.
Freddie Mac's mission is dedicated to affordable and workforce housing, and the Equity in Multifamily Housing team is focused on finding solutions that advance equitable outcomes for renters. We are committed to exploring innovative strategies to address challenges faced by underserved communities. We are looking for strategic and driven team members to truly make an impact on the multifamily housing industry. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
Freddie Mac’s Equity in Multifamily Housing team is focused on three primary areas of impact: tenant advancement, borrower advancement, and advancing affordability in the industry. Through a variety of ongoing projects, our team is determined to make the multifamily industry more equitable. We work with key internal partners and external clients to gather information directly from the source to make real, sustainable change. Some of our ongoing and long-term efforts may include:
- Rent reporting for Credit Building
- Financial capability access
- Addressing housing insecurity
- Targeting the housing supply deficit
- Partnerships with lenders, borrowers, investors, and advocacy groups to address access to capital and diversification across the multifamily industry
- Industry roundtables, collaboration, and research efforts
This role will include projects and tasks including:
- Coordinating and organizing project timelines, including the preparation of meeting agendas & notes, managing follow ups
- Supporting business leads on emerging projects and initiatives.
- Preparing presentation materials and agendas for communication with Freddie Mac leadership or board of directors, FHFA, industry advocates, and both internal & external partners
- Independent research and data analysis to identify new opportunities for equitable advancement and diversity projects
- Supporting the Equity in Multifamily Housing team and multifamily senior leadership on an ad hoc basis
Business Case Study:
As an intern, you will participate with a joint business case study with all Multifamily interns to work through the stages of a loan transaction to demonstrate your learnings to a group of internal mentors and division leadership
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Math/Statistics, or a related discipline
- Graduation date of December 2023 – May 2025
- Availability to begin internship in May 2023
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative & creative thinking
- Detail-oriented & analytical
- Positive & growth mindset
- Quick-witted & collaborative
- Ambitious & proactive
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Intern / TemporaryFLSA Status:Non-ExemptFreddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.