Per Diem STEP Nurse - Kaiser Partnership -Weekdays-Daytime Shift!
Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus! New Grads Welcome!
Skills, Transitions, Exploration and Progress (STEP) Program is a partnership between Kaiser Permanente and Seneca Family of Agencies. STEP provides intensive, short-term and stabilization services enabling youth to reintegrate into school and the community with lower levels of outpatient mental health treatment. STEP clients participate in daily groups, attend family therapy sessions, meet with a psychiatrist, and receive case management and medication management services.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Per Diem Nurse is responsible for implementing and evaluating the nursing care delivered within the program, and for utilizing the nursing process to provide assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of resident care within designated clinical areas. They act as a clinical role model and provide nursing consultation to staff within the assigned areas of responsibility.
"Being a nurse at Seneca has been an incredible, enriching and educational experience." - Seneca Nurse
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Provide quality clinical care, including physical assessments and medical triage examinations.
- Collect and analyze assessment data to formulate client care issues, individualized outcomes, plans, implements and evaluates nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with Psychiatrist to ensure quality of medication administration, adequate consents, medical treatment and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to ensure health and safety, infection control, resource utilization, and clinical and rehabilitative standards of care.
- Participate in nursing department, staff meetings and other facility activities.
- Fosters professional development of staff on assigned shift.
- Facilitates the Recreational Group for the program.
- Coordinates and facilitates referral and intake process.
- Assists with client transportation as needed.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required
- CPR – BLS
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance
- Any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Valid California driver's license and insurability with Seneca's automobile policy
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required
- Good communication, organization and leadership skills
- Psychiatric nursing experience a plus!
- Per diem and on-call; Weekdays only
- 8:00am - 4:00pm daytime shift
- Starting at $55 - $57 per hour. Actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualification.
- Paid 2-week new employee orientation before program-specific training
- Comprehensive on-boarding process with an experienced nurse preceptor
- Regular supervision meetings to note progress and set development goals
- Some reimbursement for mileage and up to an hour of drive time to program sites
- On-call stipend received regardless of if you're needed to work the shift
- Internally-offered nurse CEUs plus reimbursement for most extra-agency nurse CEUs
- Agency-provided scholarships for continuing education and advanced degrees
Key Words: Non-profit, Nonprofit, Healthcare, Mental Health, Registered Nurse, RN, Pediatric Nurse, Youth Health, Children and Families, Parents, Public Health Nurse, Public Health, Community Health, New Grad Friendly