GJHS Alternative Education Teacher
The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2022-23 school year:
Goshen Junior High
Alternative Education Teacher
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing strong pedagogical skills.
- Prepares teaching outline for course of study, assigns lessons, and provides feedback to students.
- Administers tests to evaluate pupil’s progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Maintains discipline in classroom and in other school’s activities.
- Uses curriculum maps, and other district resources to prepare lessons, considering factors, such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels, learning styles, and physical limitations of students.
- Discusses student’s academic and behavior problems with parents and administrators and suggests remedial action.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, professional development experiences, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Maintains attendance and grade records.
- Supervises students in hallways, cafeteria, and other areas of the building.
- Effectively collaborates with teaching colleagues and administrators on best practices in teaching and learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Plan lessons using curriculum, instructional calendars and Indiana State Standards
- Plan lessons focusing on the rigor of the grade level curriculum while meeting students at their instructional level
- Plan lessons that are easily identifiable, focused and clear; reinforce lessons with additional instruction, learning activities, and appropriate assessment
- Adjust and plan lessons based on differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Make modifications in lessons based on knowledge of the goals for each student’s disability as outline in his/her IEP and or 504 plan
- Utilize classroom and corporation materials, resources and technology that enhance instruction
- Use assessment data to plan lessons and drive instruction
- Create a classroom environment that supports instruction
- Maintain an organized classroom to manage the classroom effectively and to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all students
- Be a positive role model for all students
- Maintain a positive disciplinary plan for all students
- Develop a repertoire of teaching strategies to reach all learners
- Participate in Corporation and Building based Professional Development
- Communicate with parents in a clear, effective and timely manner
- Communicate and work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues
- Keep student, parent and family information confidential
- Maintain accurate records regarding student information, grades, report cards, test data, IEP’s and attendance as required by the principal
- Serve on committees as assigned by the building principal
- Adhere to School Board policies, Corporation policies and procedures, and building guidelines
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal and district administrators
REQUIREMENTS: Valid Indiana Teacher’s License in the appropriate subject area and/or grade level(s)
- Effective or highly effective teacher
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient technology skills
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues
- Self-driven and motivated
- High energy – committed to teaching in collaboration with others
- Can motivate students
- Strong problem solver
- Skilled at communicating with staff, students, and parents
- Can model thinking and problem solving skills to students
- Believes all students can learn
- Understands the use of data in reaching and communicating goals
- Fosters positive, validating relationships within the school community
WORK CALENDAR: School year - 184 days per year; 40 hours per week
SALARY: Teaching Contract – 184 days
APPLICATION PROCESS: In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Reference Letter(s)
- Current Indiana Professional Educator’s License
For questions regarding this position please contact:
Goshen Junior High
1216 S. Indiana Ave.
Goshen, IN 46526
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled