Special Education / ABA Paraprofessional
We are currently seeking Special Education / ABA Paraprofessionals (i.e., Teacher Assistants) to join our team!
We have openings at our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph, MA and Wilmington, MA and at our May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders in Norwood, MA.
This is a fantastic opportunity for current students or recent graduates who are looking to gain hands-on work experience.
Additionally, this position is a great stepping-stone for individuals looking to pursue an advanced degree in psychology, applied behavior analysis, special education, speech pathology, occupational therapy, social work, nursing, or other related fields! We offer tuition discounts for graduate studies with numerous local universities and online programs, and we also offer tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness programs!
May Institute is very excited to work with you to help you achieve your goals!
Who are we?
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and adolescents. Our schools focus on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills.
We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Who are you?
In this role, you will receive extensive training in using ABA to work with our students and will learn to implement a student’s social, behavioral, and academic programs.
Under the direction of a Special Education Teacher, Teacher Assistants provide direct instruction to the students in the areas of academics, self-care (ADLs), and vocational tasks in addition to managing challenging behaviors and implementing behavior support plans.
- Apply age and population-specific competencies.
- Implement programs and behavior support plans as written.
- Document student progress through data collection.
- Assist with personal care.
- Manage behavioral crises.
- Document critical incidents.
- Provide transportation of students within the community as required.
- Implement program safety protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Previous special education or human services experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis is a plus, but not necessary!
Why should you join our incredible team?
Just a few of the aMAYzing opportunities that would be available to you include…
- New increased pay rates!
- Generous paid time off & your birthday as a holiday.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 403B retirement plan with employer match.
- Paid training and certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement & loan repayment assistance program.
- Tuition discounts for graduate studies in Special Education and ABA. Discounts are with local universities (e.g., Regis University, UMass Lowell, Endicott) and online programs (e.g., SUNY Empire, Purdue Global).
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.