Prospect and Program Development Intern
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)3 small, virtual non-profit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights.
The Prospect and Program Development Intern will primarily support the Program Development Manager/Proposal Writer. S/he will assist in identifying prospective donors and strategic partners and help to steward these relationships to ensure positive and purposeful prospect, donor and partnership relations.
The candidate must be a highly energetic individual with an eye to detail. S/he will report to the Prospect and Program Development Manager and will work collaboratively and strategically with other team members supporting policy advocacy, direct marketing, and communications where needed. This job has the potential to extend through the school year and into the summer if desired by both the employee and employer.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Prospect and program development
- Assist in identifying and help managing a portfolio of prospects including major gift donors, foundations, federal and state grants, and potential partnership with related organizations.
- Work alongside the Prospect and Program Development Coordinator to initiate contacts with leadership in other organizations, or foundations, and donors.
- Participate in all aspects of the government and Foundation grant giving cycle including prospect searching, initial contact and outreach, cultivating a relationship, and writing proposals.
- Work in DonorPerfect and DonorSearch to build and maintain an accurate donor database.
- Assist in various other activities as needed such as supporting and improving fund-raising efforts, and other duties as assigned.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editing and grammar skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
- Familiarity with programs like DonorPerfect, and DonorSearch are a plus.
- Proposal writing and/or editing experience are a plus.