Accounting Internship Summer 2024
If you’re contemplating whether to take the tax or audit path, we recommend trying a bit of both! When you choose a career with BerganKDV you’re choosing options, opportunity, and the chance to experience growth in a top accounting firm.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
BerganKDV has provided innovative yet practical solutions for small to large-size companies since 1945. From our beginning as a trusted CPA firm, we have expanded and adapted to offer business planning and consulting, tax, audit and accounting, wealth management, human capital management, and technology services across the country. At BerganKDV we believe our role as advisors is to build relationships with our clients, take an active interest in their unique situations, and provide expertise and resources to help them achieve their goals. Bringing value to our clients is what we do best and seeing them succeed is our ultimate goal.
The CPA Services Accounting Intern is focused on the quality completion of various tax, audit, research and consulting client engagements. They will have the opportunity to explore various industries and specialties through projects, mentorship and learning and development activities. In this position, you’ll experience tax related work including planning and research for the BerganKDV tax practice as well as the preparation of federal and state tax returns. For audit activities you’ll take part in executing the audit plan as developed by the partner and manager, be a contributing member of audit engagements, and perform test work and projects.
Through this exploratory position where you’ll experience both tax and audit work, your manager and mentors will work with you to start identifying your passion and interest areas to carve out your ideal future career.
- Assisting with tax planning and research
- Preparing federal and state & local tax returns
- Understanding tax regulations and accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the execution of audit procedures
- Perform various duties such as understanding routine data processes, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, client's engagement history and planned audit approach
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment. Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Demonstrate teamwork, integrity and accountability. Assist and collaborate with team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and organizational skills
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- PC proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications
EXPLORE THE WORKPLACE OF THE FUTURE
BerganKDV is a leading professional services firm with a contagious culture; where growth is fostered and making a difference means something. Our values drive our decisions, and our passion is empowering people and creating wow experiences for our clients.
- Growth Potential
- Close-Knit Collaborative Team
- Mentor Program
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Customized Career Path
- Open Door Leadership Style
- Entrepreneurial Operating System – EOS / Traction
BENEFITS THAT GO BEYOND
We are proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family and your career. Our competitive compensation package is catered to reward you for your performance and recognize you for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our total package includes medical and dental coverage, matching 401(k) plans, PTO, observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.