Who we are looking for
Someone to contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of online help for one or more Charles River IMS modules. Provide documentation troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Technical Writer you will
- Work with minimal supervision to document large and complex software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to create working and sustainable documentation
- Manage large documentation projects, plan schedules, meet deadlines
- Develop, test, debug, and implement online help using an online help authoring tool as well as keeping abreast of emerging technologies impactful to CRDs business
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high-quality final product
- Actively assist team leaders in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Plan and coordinate cross-team activities groups to complete assignments
What we value
- 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional documentation experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing online help for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Authoritative experience with Madcap Flare
- Ability to document software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree in English, Finance, or Computer Science. CFA a plus.