The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Social Worker position at the Christopher.
Program Description: The Christopher is a 166-unit supportive housing residence for single adults located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. The building provides permanent, affordable housing and case management services to low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance use disorders, and /or HIV/AIDS. The Christopher is seeking a full time Social Worker.
Position Description: The Social Worker will provide a full range of clinical services to tenants, assist in program planning, development and implementation of group services with particular emphasis on mental health, trauma-informed care, substance use recovery, and services to people living with HIV/AIDS. Additional responsibilities include involvement in evidence based practices such as Supported Employment and Motivational Interviewing.
- MSW required, LMSW preferred
- CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
- Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
- Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team.
- Computer literacy required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
In accordance with the New York City COVID Safety Program, all CUCS employees, interns and volunteers (“employees”) will be required to provide verification of COVID-19 immunization.
Benefits We Offer:
- Annual Time Off Benefits: 17 days of PTO for new hires, 20 days of PTO after 1 yr of service, 27 days of PTO after 5 yrs of service, 8 Sick days, 2 Mental Health days, 12 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, Employer contribution and match contribution after 2 years of service
- Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefit Plan)
- Transit Subsidy
- Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement