FCLTGlobal’s mission is to focus capital on the long term to support a sustainable and prosperous economy. We are a global, Boston-based non-profit organization whose members are leading companies and investors worldwide that develops actionable research and tools to drive long-term value creation for savers and communities.
Focusing Capital on the Long Term began in 2013 as an initiative of CPP Investments and McKinsey & Company, which together with BlackRock, Dow, and Tata Sons founded FCLTGlobal in July 2016.
More information is available at www.fcltglobal.org.
FCLTGlobal is seeking a driven, high-caliber individual to join the research team as a Research Associate. This is an exciting opportunity to help advance the organization’s research agenda, gain access to real-world corporate and finance decision makers, and produce research products that extend the organization’s reach and help ensure its impact.
The Research Associate will report to a Research Director and work closely with the other members of the team to support the organization’s practical projects and foundational research. Most of the Research Associate’s time will be spent developing and collaborating on foundational research and analysis for high-impact projects including, but not limited to, the following themes:
- Investing in the sustainable transition;
- Multi-stakeholder capitalism in practice;
- Mobilizing capital markets to better value long-term behaviors.
Project-related work may include collaborating directly with FCLTGlobal’s Member organizations as well as academics, other think tanks or NGOs, and practitioners in support of the Research Directors.
The Research Associate will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by staying engaged with media coverage and public discussions on topics of long-term and sustainable capitalism and writing relevant content for our website, member newsletters and other communications.
A TYPICAL DAY AT FCLTGlobal
A typical day as a Research Associate at FCLTGlobal may include merging and analyzing data via Excel and R, synthesizing and charting findings into easily understood outputs via PowerPoint, performing in-depth literature reviews and summaries of economic and financial research, drafting a whitepaper and action-oriented toolkit that inspires change and implementation among our members, and participating in video calls to collaborate with subject matter experts from FCLTGlobal’s Member organizations.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier Members companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display independence, creativity, passion, and a proactive spirit. Candidates must demonstrate comfort working independently and with ambiguity in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Candidates should possess:
- Strong research skills (both quantitative and qualitative) as demonstrated by experience analyzing data and academic studies (i.e., projects, papers); the ability to communicate findings in a practical and action-ready manner for decision makers; a track record of analyzing problems critically;
- Experience analyzing data with Excel and/or R, including, but not limited to cleaning, merging, pulling, and graphing data (selected candidates will be subject to a technical skills assessment during the interview process);
- High degree of professionalism;
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, structure and execute projects, and to translate research and conceptual work into meaningful recommendations and products that can be easily understood by diverse audiences;
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to work within teams;
- Familiarity and comfort working with Microsoft Office suite products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to prepare written and visual outputs;
- An open mind and an extra keen attention to detail;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity, and ability to work well in an open and collaborative environment while staying on schedule;
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials in a quantitative discipline and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field. Above all, the ideal candidate should possess a proactive, inquisitive mind, be willing to be a quick-study and jack-of-all trades on the research team.
- A demonstrated interest in capital markets or experience working in financial services, investing, business consulting, or for a publicly-listed company is strongly preferred but not required.
FCLTGlobal’s office is located at 31 St. James Avenue in Boston’s Back Bay. This is a full-time role with flexible hybrid working arrangements (a mix of Boston-based and remote working).
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience are provided, including healthcare and IRA matching contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter addressed to Allen He at email@example.com. Applications are strongly encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds; candidates must have legal work status in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.