Carahsoft Technology Corp. is seeking an IT Specialist to join our IT team. Recently ranked sixth in Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies in DC, Carahsoft is a government IT solutions provider to federal, state and local government agencies. Carahsoft. is proud to be recognized again among the region’s leading companies to bring growth and innovation to the markets that we serve. We were recently included on the Post 200, by The Washington Post, for the 2nd year in a row as one of the area’s largest privately held companies based on revenue and on the Defense Systems magazine Super 75 list of most successful defense contractors. Carahsoft is a great place to work and start a successful IT Specialist career.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve helpdesk requests
- Manage IT hardware and software resources
- Create and maintain software images
- Build and install new hire workstations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Practical understanding of IP addressing basics (including DNS and DHCP)
• Basic network configuration and troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of PC hardware
• Knowledge of imaging software
• Ability to work efficiently and independently without constant supervision
• Knowledge of Active Directory / Microsoft Exchange is a plus
Qualification for the IT Specialist position:
• Computer Science degree
Carahsoft is an equal opportunity company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Carahsoft, please call 703-871-8603 or e-mail Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
***** We have moved to a new location *****
Walking distance to METRO
11493 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 100, Reston, VA 20190