Events and Program Associate
The Alliance for Health Policy is hiring an Events and Program Associate responsible for the successful execution of virtual and in-person events and convenings. We are looking for a highly organized and collaborative individual who can skillfully envision, craft, and execute the Alliance’s approximately 50 events per year. This role will manage the overall attendee and speaker experience, as well as the technical logistics, for each activity in close coordination with fellow Alliance team members.
This is a full-time, exempt position in Washington, D.C., with hybrid virtual and in-person work arrangements. A minimum of 2-3 days of in-office work is expected (more during weeks with in-person events), consistent with public health conditions.
Apply today to join a collaborative, growing, and mission-driven organization and to execute events that will help inform the future of our health care system.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Program Strategy and Management, the Events and Program Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help craft the overall vision for events, and manage the attendee experience, logistics, and execution of the Alliance’s approximately 50 events per year in coordination with other Alliance team members.
- Specific events include health policy briefings, press events, summits, private convenings, an annual reception, and an annual dinner. Briefings are held virtually and in-person on or near Capitol Hill and at other locations in the DC area. Future events may include multi-day, out-of-town Congressional retreats, as conditions permit. Provides AV support to Alliance board meetings.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing event speakers including responding to inquiries, scheduling prep calls, reviewing and assembling presentations, and coordinating travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Create detailed run-of-shows/cue-to-cues for virtual and in-person events and serve as “stage manager” during events to ensure they are adhered to.
- Work with Program Managers to ensure that Alliance stakeholder input is incorporated into format and approach, as appropriate.
- Manage the online event platforms and tools before, during, and after virtual events, or coordinate with platform liaisons.
- Oversee set-up and execution of events at event venues, including ensuring catering and audiovisual requirements are met.
- Prepare and manage event budgets, in coordination with the Senior Director of Program Strategy and Management and the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Negotiate and liaise with vendors and contractors for events.
- Provide support for the Alliance’s annual reception and annual fundraising dinner, in coordination with the Development team.
- Contribute to a cross-organization system for tracking and monitoring project execution, delivering on “promises made, promises kept.”
- Work with Program Managers and Senior Director of Program Strategy on the creation of new Alliance event formats including innovative event approaches and interactive audience techniques.
- Supervise the implementation of Covid-19, safety, ADA, and other relevant protocols directly or by the venue.
- Relevant experience in planning and executing events and a desire to learn and grow in event planning and execution.
- Familiarity with the management of virtual events using GotoWebinar, Zoom, Eventbrite, and/or similar virtual event platforms.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail and proactive problem solver.
- A focus on both efficient and effective processes and great outcomes.
- Ability to function both autonomously and in close collaboration with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Poise and good judgment.
- Highly reliable.
- Ability to occasionally work early, late, and/or on weekends as events require.
- Travel is not currently required but may be in the future.
- Must comply with the organization’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement policy.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Experience managing multiple events simultaneously is a plus.
- Experience in Washington, D.C. in public affairs/relations or a Congressional office is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Airtable, or other CRMs a plus
- Experience with project management tools such as Monday, Asana, or Trello is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet programs is a plus.
- Experience working with VIPs, government officials, and/or executives is a plus.
- Interest in health care and/or policy issues is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary $50,000 – 56,000. Exceptionally qualified candidates will be evaluated according to levels of experience; please include your salary requirements with your application if they exceed the posted range. The Alliance for Health Policy offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Platinum-level medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance with 80% employer-paid premium subsidy for employees and 50% for family members.
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave.
- $2 for $1 retirement contribution match, up to 10% of salary, with immediate vesting.
- Company provided life and long-term disability insurance.
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
- Up to $1,000 relocation assistance available to candidates moving from outside the Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Up to $1,000 per year for qualifying education-related expenses, including student loan repayments.
- $100 per month transit benefit.
Alliance for Health Policy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply, including persons with disabilities and individuals from historically marginalized identities. Alliance for Health Policy values diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Alliance for Health Policy’s hiring and employment decisions are based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
Please apply directly via our application form. Apply Now »
About the Alliance
For 30 years, the Alliance for Health Policy has served as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping policymakers and the public better understand health policy, the root of the nation’s health care issues, and the trade-offs posed by various proposals for change. We believe a better health care system begins with a balanced exchange of evidence, experience, and multiple perspectives. Regardless of their point of view, our audience recognizes the Alliance’s reputation as a well-respected source for unbiased health policy information. The Alliance conducts approximately 50 events and convenings per year.
Our Vision: To improve health and health care by fostering a balanced exchange of evidence, experience, and multiple perspectives.
Our Mission: To inform solutions for improving health and health care in the United States by advancing health policy knowledge and facilitating solutions-focused dialogue among diverse stakeholders and leaders.
- Collaborative learning, grounded in evidence and informed by experience. We promote a shared understanding of the facts and real-life experiences that affect health and health care in America.
- Constructive and proactive problem solving: We come to every conversation ready to bring out the best ideas for solving problems.
- Inclusive, equitable, and respectful dialogue: We include diverse perspectives in consequential conversations and are committed to creating an environment where people can hear each other across differences.
- Discernment and integrity: We are committed to navigating complex issues with good judgment and in good faith.
- Responsiveness and accountability: We serve as a reliable and approachable source of excellent information for the health policy community.