Optical Engineer - 22000003ML
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
What you will learn and contribute to
Our development team focuses on all aspects of architecture, design, implementation, validation, and deployment of circuits for high speed optical networking applications.
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering staff to understand and implement feature requirements for optical designs.
- Generate optical and firmware specifications for complex optical components such as EDFAs, Raman amplifiers, Optical Monitors, Wavelength Selective Switches, and OTDRs.
- Perform testing at the component and subsystem level to ensure proper hardware operation in a variety of environments.
- Debug optical, electrical, firmware, and system-level issues.
- Provide follow-up on factory and field support for production and deployment phases.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or 5+ years equivalent practical work experience.
- Experience with DWDM optical component design and test.
- Experience with optical test equipment including Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Bit Error Rate test sets, optical power meters, and high speed oscilloscopes.
- Ability to work across disciplines to resolve deep-rooted hardware/firmware/software interaction issues.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of DWDM system architecture and design.
- Experience with DWDM system testing.
- Electrical circuit design and debugging skills.
- Experience with test automation software including Labview and Python.
- Good communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.