Athletic Trainer- Part Time
Assist the Director of Athletic Training in the planning, organization, direction and execution of programs associated with the care and prevention of orthopedic-related injuries, and the management of other injuries and illnesses that impact on students’ health and wellness.
- Assist in the establishment and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participate in long-range departmental operational planning.
- Provide education and serve as a resource for students and academy employees on injury/illness prevention and wellness.
- Responsible for the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of all orthopedic injuries across campus.
- Apply indicated injury risk reduction methods to students.
- Provides immediate emergency care during times of physical activity, including being present at interscholastic events as scheduled by the Director of Athletic Training.
- Provide respectful communication, within limits of confidentiality, on student health matters between coaches, parents and health care providers.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of Athletic Training Center activities and pertinent medical data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training
- Undergraduate degree minimum.
- NATA-BOC certification and NH state license or the ability to obtain prior to hiring required
- Additional certification in strength and conditioning (CSCS) preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of professional athletic training principles, methods and procedures; anatomy and physiology applicable to assigned duties; and medical supplies and equipment used in athletic training practice.
- Ability to analyze emergency situations accurately and take prompt action.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to certified athletic training.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.