Youth Counselor (Boomer, NC)
**Hiring Immediately and Relocation Assistance Provided**
Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you have a passion for helping people, or you love to see youth and young adults work hard to reach their full potential? Want to provide at-risk-youth with the tools to begin their process of change and be successful? Come work with us as a Youth Counselor, and contribute to the positive transformation of the at-risk teens in our adolescent residential academy program located in Boomer, NC, and give them a second chance to succeed.
Day Shift, Night Shift, and PRN positions available, pay rates from $16.50 to 18.25
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
We are proud to offer:
- Low-Cost Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
- 11 paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid short-term and long-term disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Meals provided when on duty
- Relocation assistance provided
- Advancement opportunities
- Overtime availability
Duties and Responsibilities
- A positive, supportive role model who guides and influences group activities on a consistent basis that enhances the youth's confidence and self-esteem. Youth Counselors ensure the progress and welfare of each client and the group through therapeutic programs. Responsible for staff secure supervision during the afternoon, evening, and sleeping hours.
- Lead group of youth through a variety of daily activities while providing group and individual counseling, with an emphasis on strength-based development.
- Must be 21 Years of Age or Older.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years’ relevant experience working with youth is required.
- Two years of college in a social or human services.
- Direct care in a therapeutic/rehabilitative setting preferred.
- Ability to travel about property, through wilderness terrain. Exposure to outdoors and/or weather conditions. Supervision does include shift work. Ability to transport clients and staff.
Boys Residential Academy at Boomer
4654 High Rock Road | Boomer, NC 28606
About Us Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPKf4Y9zRg
To learn more about our program copy and paste the link into your browser: https://eckerd.org/juvenile-justice-services/residential-services/short-term-residential-services/
Eckerd Connects' Short-Term Juvenile Justice Residential program is a complete rehabilitative experience delivered in 4 to 6 months to adjudicated male youth, ages 13 to 17, referred by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Juvenile Justice. This residential treatment concept combines promising and evidence-based practices with a strong family transition component and signifies a public-private partnership with the Division of Juvenile Justice which has produced an innovative shift in the way youth are served in North Carolina's juvenile justice system. Intensive, short-term services include individualized treatment and academic plans that combine formal and experiential education, community service, behavioral health, and family counseling in a non-punitive environment designed to address the youth's behavioral challenges through a strength-based approach. Youth also receive accredited education on-site and work together in small group settings with assigned counselors.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.