Associate - Risk Governance
This incumbent will be responsible for maintaining, updating and implementing enterprise-level risk governance policies and procedures based on relevant regulatory requirements; preparing and maintaining the agenda, reporting materials and meeting minutes for US Risk and Management Committee (“USRMC”); supporting the functioning of BOCNY Risk Management and Internal Control Committee (“RMICC”) and US Risk Management Coordination Committee (“RMCC”); assisting Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”) in promoting risk culture; preparing and consolidating risk management reports as required by head office or regulators.
Include but not limited to:
- Maintain and update the charter and the related documentation of the US RMCC and BOCNY RMICC
- Provide support to the USRMC meetings
- Coordinate the quarterly RMCC and RMICC meetings, including setting up agenda, coordinating the meeting materials, recording the voting results and generating meeting minutes
- Coordinate with relevant departments in BOCNY and head office for the above-mentioned Committee meetings
Maintenance of Enterprise-level Risk Management Policies and Procedures
- Enhance and maintain combined US operations (“CUSO”) risk management framework and governance structure according to relevant regulations
- Support Bank of China US CRO to fulfill his risk oversight responsibilities over CUSO
- Support the USRMC in its implementation, review and approval of the CUSO risk management framework and risk reporting matters
- Enhance and maintain KRI Procedure and KRI Inventory
- Maintain KRI breach reporting tracking sheet and breach memos
- Prepare relevant materials and support the CRO to fulfill his responsibilities, e.g. annual CRO work summary
- Produce accurate, concise and timely reports
- Support the CRO in planning activities to promote risk culture, including organizing town halls, offsite, survey, etc.
- Conduct operational risk management activities for the department, such as Business Continuity Plan
- Perform time-keeping for team members and process team training paperwork
- Produce budget estimates and monitor the spending for all teams in the department and escalate timely
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a plus but not required.
- 1-3 years of related experience in project management and business analysis within banking, preferably with experience in risk management
- Ability to work independently, and build strong and productive working relationships
- FRM, CFA, CBAP, or PMP certification is a plus
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese (both speaking and writing) required