Part Time - Hybrid Collections Specialist; May include $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Description - External
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we are supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what is possible — and we are proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That is why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model, that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If selected for this role, you may be eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus, less applicable deductions*
Role & Responsibilities:
Every one of our Collections Specialists exemplify the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they are problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Customers you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in a hybrid work model 20 hours per week, answering incoming calls in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver world-class customer service by building meaningful relationships with our customers. While offering custom solutions, consultative assistance, and first contact resolution to negotiate an overall positive outcome
- Make decisions based on risk assessment and the Customer profile
- Gain commitment from the customers to making payments on their overdue account and enabling them to spend on their American Express card
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- This position is working in a hybrid environment which means up to 40% of the role is performed onsite in our Phoenix, AZ campus and the balance of the role is performed from home. We will work with you to ship equipment to your home address for virtual classroom training.
- Shift/Schedules for this position are flexible with training being Monday through Friday
- Classroom training will be 100% virtual and on the job training will be hybrid in our Phoenix, AZ campus (up to 40% in the office training)
*The benefits of working on our Phoenix campus include:
- Health and Wellness Centers, including access to 24hr Activity Center
- Cafeteria, with $15 daily dining credit. Access to a rotation of chips, popcorn, cookies, and fruit from the pantry areas at no charge.
- Walking paths, Electric Car Charging Stations, and so much more!