Truancy Case Manager
TRUANCY CASE MANAGER
Interested in working for a non-profit organization rooted in a tradition of care and compassion? Join our team! CORA Services, a 2021 TOP WORKPLACE in Philadelphia, is a fast-paced, growing organization with over 500 team members whose goal is to help children and families experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity, and we have been doing that for over 50 years.
CORA Services also received a 2021 TOP WORKPLACE WOMEN-LED CULTURE EXCELLENCE AWARD, which signifies our commitment to developing and sustaining a culture that supports, promotes, and values its employees.
CORA Services is looking for a full-time Truancy Case Manager to provide services to school aged children who are missing a substantial number of school days. The case manager will work collaboratively with the Department of Human Services, Family Court and the School District of Philadelphia in implementing service plans with the goal of removing barriers to consistent attendance and reengaging students back into a school. Work schedule includes some evenings.
Truancy Case Manager Benefits:
- Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire), with generous company contribution
- Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability coverage
- Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service
- Generous paid time off package
- Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment!
Truancy Case Manager Duties include:
- Consultation with school personnel, other agencies and families in their home settings
- Preparation of court documentation and attendance at all court hearings with families.
- Maintenance of physical and electronic case files
- Participation in active outreach to students who are pre-truant.
Truancy Case Manager QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's level Degree in the social services professions
- Documented experience in case management services
- Knowledge of substances of abuse and their effects is desirable
- Must have valid Drivers License
Please note: All new hires are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 prior to starting work with CORA Services.
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.