(Remote Internship) Financial Technology Research on a Large-scale Research Platform
Welcome to the Financial Technology and Cryptocurrency Community! Our community predominantly contributes to the areas of fintech, cryptocurrencies, and micro-econometrics on 1Cademy, our collaborative research platform. We dive into the current textbook or research papers in these areas, break them down into granular knowledge pieces in the form of nodes, connect them to the larger context of research, and present our learnings to other community members. We also work on concrete research ideas and co-author research papers to submit to reputable journals and conferences.
By Joining Us, You Will ...
- Work remotely with an interdisciplinary community of talented students and researchers from different schools.
- Gain experience using crucial skills in research including paper analysis, summarization, and making connections between disciplines.
- Work towards having the opportunity of co-authoring research papers in the field.
- Have opportunities to take on leadership roles within the community.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for topics related to machine learning, finance, and/or cryptocurrency, displayed through research, projects, or coursework experiences
- Proficiency in Python (or R or some other common programming language)
- Submit your most current resume and unofficial transcripts, indicating a GPA above 3.4/4.0
- Explain in a few paragraphs why you apply to this specific community.
- Complete our community-specific quiz by answering a set of questions about some research papers or book chapters and get a satisfying score.
- Consistently study current textbook or research papers, summarize chapters or sections, and share the essence of what you learn with our large research team in a hierarchically organized fashion.
- Attend weekly team meetings to discuss the research and present your efforts throughout the week.
- Be prepared and excited to collaborate with our other team members from diverse backgrounds.
- All interactions, task fulfillment, and communications will be remote.
How to apply
Follow the instructions at https://1cademy.us
- Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education.
- We DO NOT sponsor CPT or OPT for international students.
- This position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.