Junior Consultant in Data Science
Ekimetrics is the European leader in data science with 320+ data scientists and 1000+ projects since 2006.
Thanks to our global presence in Paris, London, NY, and Hong Kong, we lead projects in 50+ countries in all industries. We help companies steer their data opportunity, build data capabilities, and deploy actionable solutions to power up marketing and operational performance, as well as (re)energize business models. Our primary focus is to deliver immediate business gains, while guaranteeing sustainable data capital for our clients. We are committed to the most advanced data science and to building fair and conscious data & AI practices.
At Ekimetrics, we believe our best assets are our people. They are what set us apart and drive our success with entrepreneurial spirit and innovation. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and innovation. We share what we know with others, and, above all, we love what we do. These sentiments are supported by our company values which serve as pillars in our work and attitude: curiosity, creativity, excellence, transmission, and pleasure.
In our New York office, we focus particularly in Marketing Science and the deployment of our ‘MMO’ offer (Marketing Mix Optimization), either through analytics as a service or building industrialized solutions.
As a Junior Consultant you will work with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries.
As both a data scientist and consultant, you will use and develop advanced data analytics and consulting skills on your projects.
From day one, you will join a team of three to six consultants and collaborate on one to two projects simultaneously.
You will have a hand in projects from discovery meetings to final recommendation; responsibilities include gathering and analyzing data, building statistical models, translating quantitative insights into strategic recommendations, and delivering the final results. The projects will push you to create innovative approaches as an owner and you’ll present your results directly to C-suite clients and business executives.
Our close-knit team will guide your growth to build expertise on best-practice methodologies and industry knowledge, working directly with Ekimetrics partners. Each member of our team takes a vested interest in the development of your technical skills and business acumen. Our team members continuously learn and grow through 70+ proprietary training sessions and collaboration with colleagues as coaches and mentors.
Finally, the opportunity to work for a growing, international pioneer in data science, will empower you to have an immediate impact by contributing to our passionate team.
1. Data Analysis and Model Construction
- Utilize advanced statistical techniques and best data practices to help the team progress through project work
- Develop a logical story combining data and industry knowledge to share actionable insights that will drive our clients' businesses
2. Strategic Partnerships with Clients
- Liaise daily with clients to develop a deep understanding of their business context and experience
- Deliver findings and battle plans with excellence and confidence
- Provide ad-hoc analyses that further develop projects and client relationships by parameterizing the business questions
3. Ekimetrics Life
- Support our fast growth by contributing to local and global initiatives such as Knowledge Management, Recruitment, Culture, Gender Balance and Diversity teams, Pioneering Machine Learning/AI techniques for the office, etc.
We are looking for a talented, dual-profile consultant.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related analytical field, or a data science bootcamp. Outstanding record of academic achievement.
- 0-2 years of experience in Data Analysis / Modeling / Advanced Analytics
- Passion for data, extensive knowledge in statistics or applied mathematics
- Familiarity with modeling / optimization techniques
- Experience in using advanced analytical methodologies to answer business questions
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R, Stata, Python, SQL, etc.
- Consulting experience or interest in working as a consultant
- Strong interest in marketing & business issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Self-driven and motivated to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Continuously striving for high performance
- Spanish-speaking is a plus
What we offer:
- Annual base salary of $60,000, a generous bonus package, and a dynamic promotion and salary raise structure
- An emphasis on work-life-balance and 20 PTO days per year and holidays
- Dynamic environment with a strong culture and great offices
- Close-knit team with friendly environment, bi-monthly team events and more
- Creative and entrepreneurial start-up environment with vertical and lateral mobility
- Best-in-class methodologies and cutting-edge technologies
- Unique internal training package with 70+ sessions in our Eki.Academy digital platform
- Growth to develop a double profile in data science and strategic consulting
- Client exposure up to the executive level
- Opportunities for international mobility across our three other offices in Paris, London, and Hong Kong
Position Type: Permanent
Ekimetrics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
Please note that for this recruitment we follow New York City's mandated vaccine guidelines and do not offer visa sponsorship or transfer for this position.