Protiviti Business Performance Improvement Intern - 2023
Are You Ready to Live Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career provides the opportunity to learn, inspire, and advance within a collaborative and diverse culture. We hire curious individuals for whom learning is a passion. Together, we focus on our mission of delivering confidence in a dynamic world – and the world has perhaps never been more dynamic.
At every level, we champion leaders who live our values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, and commitment to success. Imagining our work as a journey, we believe integrity guides our way, inclusion moves us forward together, and innovation creates new destinations.
Living our values every day. That's Living Protiviti.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You’ve come to the right place.
Business Performance Improvement Interns work with Protiviti’s clients, who are typically among the world’s leading companies. As an intern, you collaborate with the team to deliver client solutions for complex business problems that these organizations face. Experience tells us that our future leaders need to be both knowledgeable and deep in an area of expertise, but versatile having a broad range of capabilities and skill sets to solve today’s complex business problems. That’s why we focus on developing interns across our business, so you gain experience in different industries, grow your technical capabilities, and gain leadership qualities that will ensure your future success.
Our culture is grounded in empowerment, teamwork, and problem-solving. At all career levels, we encourage innovation, seeking your ideas and insights. Our people care about one another; they coach and guide; and they help each member of our team be their very best.
When you join our team, you will participate in a Liftoff with Protiviti, our award-winning onboarding live-virtual experience with gamification embedded in the delivery. You will also attend The Intern Challenge, an experiential learning course that will help you transition successfully into your role as an intern.
Protiviti’s internship is an innovative experience designed to take you on a journey to immerse you in our unique business and culture. Through our internship, you may work across a variety of industries and engage in internal initiatives, all of which will fuel your curiosity, uncover hidden strengths, and prepare you for your career. You will gain a preview of Protiviti’s Foundations, our innovative entry-level full-time career opportunity, which is structured to shape your experiences and learning that will generally give you experiences in business operations, consulting, data, relationship building, technology, and innovation.
With each project, you receive hands-on training in a nurturing environment and interact with leaders across our practice. Talent Managers will assign specific project experiences that support career growth, your skills, and the needs of the business. A network of advisors will help you navigate challenges and celebrate milestones. There are opportunities to join committees, participate in employee network groups, enjoy social, civic, and networking activities, to aid in building meaningful relationships across the firm and in the community.
The Business Performance Improvement Solution Interns are hired into one of four different segments, including:
- Finance Performance Management: Provides custom solutions to help finance leaders address their current challenges and explore opportunities for continuous growth, delivering innovative solutions and supporting finance as a forward-thinking, strategic partner to the business. At the core our methodology is aligning people, processes, and technology to drive efficiency and productivity, enabling change and creating value for the entire organization.
- Financial Reporting & Remediation Compliance: Helps companies reduce their risk of non-compliance, while limiting exposure to financial restatements and other costly non-routine situations. Our professionals provide the critical functional and project management expertise necessary to cost-effectively prepare for and manage non-routine situations such as restatements, mergers, and IPOs. Protiviti’s team proactively monitors new accounting rules, alerts clients to changing requirements, and offers assistance with addressing complex accounting or reporting challenges.
- Supply Chain: Protiviti’s operations and supply chain experts work closely with key stakeholders to integrate industry-leading practices and tailor business solutions to meet the organization’s needs.
- Workforce & Organization Transformation: We help align the mission, vision, strategy, metrics, and brand with people, process, and technology to create a commitment to sustained transformational change organization-wide.
Meaningful onboarding. Impactful training. Foundational learning. These experiences define the Protiviti Career – a career that enables you to thrive in work and life.
- Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Project Management, Supply Chain, or other business majors)
- Visa Status: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings need authorization to work in the United States for Protiviti without sponsorship now or in the future
- Technical Skills Desired:
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations Ability to apply critical thinking skills and innovation to client engagements across various industries
- A foundation in accounting and finance processes and objectives
- Experience in tools such as Microsoft Office (particularly Project, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint), Power BI, and Tableau
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL
- Strong academic background
- Working in teams, as well as independently
- Being creative and analytical
- Passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing, and interpreting data and information
- Possessing excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Desiring to learn and receptiveness to feedback and mentoring
- Drive towards obtaining professional certifications
ARE YOU ON BOARD WITH TRAVEL?
Since we work with clients, typically at their sites, this position requires travel to client sites. Out-of-town travel may also be required. Consultants need reliable transportation to and from local client sites.