The Program Associate works to support multiple projects and programs within the Healthcare Innovation team of the Massachusetts eHealth Institute (MeHI) at the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MassTech). The Program Associate is responsible for assisting with program operations, which includes stakeholder management, business analysis, topical research and writing, and all necessary analytical, technical and administrative processes. S/he assists with developing and coordinating all program-related activities, including stakeholder communication and inquiries. The Program Associate reports to the Senior Program Manager, Innovation at MeHI and works closely with all members of the MeHI Healthcare Innovation team, with the MassTech communications, marketing, and finance teams, as well as other staff and external stakeholders as required to ensure that all program activities are tracked and smoothly implemented.
The Program Associate will develop a competency in relevant digital health, aging, caregiving, and behavioral health efforts and work closely with the Senior Program Manager for Innovation at MeHI and staff from MassTech corporate and other divisions, external vendors, and stakeholders in the Massachusetts digital health and healthcare communities.
This position is based in the MassTech Boston office. While significant travel is not anticipated, trips to our Westborough, MA location and to meetings and events throughout the Commonwealth – some not accessible by public transportation – will be required as part of the job.
About the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative:
The Massachusetts eHealth Institute (MeHI) is a division of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MassTech), a unique public agency that strengthens the competitiveness of the tech and innovation economy by driving strategic investments, partnerships, and insights that harness the talent of Massachusetts.
MeHI is the Commonwealth’s entity for healthcare innovation, technology, and competitiveness, working to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of healthcare across the state. MeHI partners with industry, government, and healthcare organizations to support the Massachusetts Digital Health Initiative. MeHI also helps the Commonwealth’s providers optimize the benefits of electronic health records and the Mass HIway (the statewide health information exchange) to improve the care provided to patients across the state.
Why join our team:
MeHI seeks a highly organized self-starter with initiative and relationship building skills to join our team as the Healthcare Innovation Program Associate. The Program Associate will support the development and execution of program operations for MeHI’s current and future Healthcare Innovation initiatives, with a focus on the digital health, aging, caregiving, and behavioral health sectors.
Join our team of mission-driven professionals to help improve the health and well-being of the Commonwealth’s residents. The COVID-19 pandemic has precipitated a transformation in how we deliver and receive care and MeHI is at the forefront of supporting that change. Our world-class healthcare and academic institutions, dynamic tech start-up culture, and significant venture capital investment make Massachusetts the ideal ecosystem for healthcare innovation. MeHI has been designated as the lead public agency driving the Commonwealth’s Digital Health Initiative with the goal of supporting digital health innovation, driving economic impact, and improving healthcare costs and quality. We are looking for people who recognize the current opportunity to affect change and who have the passion and drive to accelerate healthcare innovation across Massachusetts.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Help create and execute program operations for the MeHI healthcare innovation initiatives. Current programs are focused on advancing digital health technologies and economic development goals in aging, caregiving, and behavioral health, and growing and supporting a network of Sandbox environments for testing digital health.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement activities related to the healthcare innovation programs, including managing grant compliance, managing program documentation, measuring project impact or reporting, and independent coordination of all day-to-day aspects of specified activities that span initiative programs.
- Monitor progression of existing initiatives. In alignment with MassTech cross-division processes; develop, implement, and manage processes to track program timelines and deliverables; develop internal reporting systems that assist with issue management; generate reports relevant to program activities; maintain excellent historical records; sustain stakeholder contact lists; and ensure each project or program is in compliance with conditions and expectations.
- Analyze and report on program metrics that help evaluate the effectiveness of the program, determine priorities, and develop new approaches aimed at greater success.
- Assist with management of program meetings and presentations, including the development of agendas, email invitations, correspondences, meeting minutes and follow-up items, as well as conducting topical research, as needed.
- Work with the MeHI Healthcare Innovation team and MassTech Communications Team to assist with the development and rollout of program related collateral and the execution of program related events, including writing, editing, and coordinating the creation and distribution of marketing and/or educational materials. This includes, but is not limited to, content for Program webpages, press releases, events, and webinar efforts, as needed.
- Serve as the Initiative’s primary manager and point of contact with internal stakeholders for the Salesforce CRM and iCertis contract databases, including drafting and tracking contract approval documents and invoices, maintaining external stakeholder data, tracking external communications and grant information, and preparing and producing reports and dashboards as required.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Mass Digital Health jobs board, including managing the relationship with Getro, Inc., the jobs board platform manager, as well as promoting the jobs board to job seekers and to Massachusetts-based digital health companies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact relevant to the Associate’s responsibilities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage relevant program e-mail inboxes, including responding to external inquiries and redirecting messages to the relevant MeHI or MassTech staff.
- Conduct independent research and maintain updated statistics on pertinent sector data to be used in web, PowerPoint, or other forms of presentation and communication materials; collaborating across MassTech divisions in coordination with MeHI leadership.
- Research and develop a competency in the subject matter related to digital health. Work with the project managers and the Institute Director to leverage this competency for the benefit of the Institute’s initiatives.
- Interact with members of the community to help achieve program goals and objectives; serve as a company representative and attend functions, as necessary, to promote the program
- Perform additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Program Manager, the Institute Director, or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, economics, healthcare, technology or related field required.
- Three or more years of progressive work experience, including internships or other scholastic equivalents in the required field
- Previous digital health, or other healthcare industry related experience is a plus
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders a plus
- One or more years of project management experience a plus
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for maintaining complete and accurate records and assuring the integrity of data
- Extremely organized and highly motivated, a self-starter with initiative, who is able to effectively prioritize work at hand
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships at all levels, internal and external to MeHI
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to gather large volumes of data, analyze trends, articulate and solve complex problems, and make decisions
- Proven problem-solving skills; solution focused with a meticulous attention to detail and an ability to seek help
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Ability to assist in the management of large projects effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize sensitive material and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Working knowledge of interpreting financial information
- Ability to seek out answers for difficult situations or questions
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,), Google Drive products, and Zoom
- Experience using contract management software, Salesforce, Google Analytics, or database tools a plus