Innovation and Transformation Intern ( Hybrid)
Innovation and Transformation Intern
ClassificationPart-Time / Seasonal
Starting Salary$ 18 per hour
Schedule:20 hours per week ( September 26 - December 9)
Commonwealth Corporation is looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about our company by assisting various departments. You will be working closely with our Innovation Department, helping to lead the strategy and development of company-wide change management and process transformation.
To be successful as an Intern, you should be willing to help with any tasks assigned by a supervisor. You will be involved in upcoming projects as well as assist with current campaigns. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of Innovation while working for a well-known community-based organization.
Innovation and Transformation Intern will:
- Project-based assignments that focus on innovation, change management, and process transformation
- Assist with managing Innovation Department priorities, opportunities, and goals with the organizations broader business objectives
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing companywide communications
- Assist with performing general administrative duties and assisting the Innovation Director with any other department-related tasks as needed
- Assist with organizing and attending meetings with key internal and external stakeholders, including preparing agendas/updates and taking minutes
- Assist in identifying, strategizing, developing, and driving transformative initiatives to enhance organizational efficiencies, according to varying timelines
- Champion the role of innovation and process transformation within the organization.
Research suggests that qualified women and Black & Indigenous POC may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at CommCorp to apply for this role.
Commonwealth Corporation is a CORI-Friendly Employer
- A college student or recent graduate enrollment in an undergraduate course for strategy, leadership, business, (project) management, or similar field
- Eager to learn and cross-collaborate with various departments within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding multitasking abilities and adaptable to dynamic situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of the latest innovation trends and emerging trends in business transformation and operational excellence
- Must have a passion for Innovation and new ideas
- A critical thinker with the ability to approach problem-solving effectively, creatively, and strategically
$18.00 per hour
Practical experience with the current innovation and process transformation technique
Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful Innovation professionals
Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
Flexible schedule for students
Access LinkedIn Learning to create a customizable learning path.
Opportunity for academic credit from school
Opportunity for Professional Development Networking Events
Are you interested in working for a company that helps unemployed and underemployed adults obtain the skills needed to thrive in this economy?
Who We Are: Commonwealth Corporation is a quasi-public committed to fostering workforce equity in Massachusetts by delivering innovative and collaborative professional development solutions that help diverse communities and employers succeed. As a leader in workforce development, Commonwealth Corporation is committed to having Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion embedded into the programs and services we offer, reflected in the people we impact and our workplace culture. Our vision of a society where upward economic mobility is possible for all cannot be accomplished alone, but through the collective efforts and support of our staff, partners, board members, and the communities in which we live and serve.
Our primary goals are:
- To build regional industry training partnerships that prepare youth and unemployed workers for jobs in demand that lead to higher rates of employment.
- To upgrade the skills of workers to meet specific employer skill demands leading to more productive and competitive businesses, job growth, retention, upgrades, and wage gains; and
- To increase the share of youth engaged in education and employment pathways, preparing them for post-secondary education and careers.
- Development: CommCorp believes in empowering life-long learners by investing in our people and fostering a culture of growth, both personally and professionally.
- Collaboration: In partnership with our community, our grantees, and our partners, we seek to be proactive in seeking feedback and responding to the needs of those we serve.
- Equity: As a group, we are committed to making informed decisions that ensure equitable treatment, access, forward progress, and advancement for all while identifying and removing the barriers that have hampered the full participation of some groups.
- Balance: In all aspects of our business, professional and personal, we strive to create balance. This includes the ability to adapt throughout daily activities in order to support productivity and creativity in order to enhance mental health, peace, and happiness.
- Integrity: Keeping transparency and ethical standards a priority is an essential part of our identity, one that enables us to be trusted by our colleagues and constituents alike.
- Accountability: In our role as stewards of public and philanthropic resources, it is our responsibility to improve our workforce by managing resources effectively, pivoting with the times, and implementing data-driven solutions.
Commonwealth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Commonwealth Corporation is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce where talent with varied backgrounds is valued, and team members are supported along their professional journeys. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employees hired as of date will be offered employment contingent upon vaccination suitability. Under the minimum entrance requirement section of the job posting, the following may be stated:
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. In addition, applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.