IT Support & Cloud Hosting Engineer
Where people go and why tells the story of our world. Founded in 2011, Gravy Analytics is the enterprise location technology company providing actionable intelligence to businesses. Using its patented technology, the company brings data about people, places, and events together to understand human mobility, helping companies enhance their sales and marketing strategies and optimize business operations. Today, the company's intelligence powers leading-edge solutions for a wide range of industries—from advertising to market research, financial services to supply chain risk management—that rely on knowing how people, products, and materials move throughout the world.
You should know…Gravy Analytics is a dynamic and fast-growing business! We ranked No. 93 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 Series and No. 226 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list… and we have no plans of slowing down. We embrace our core values of: Collaboration, Respect, Excellence, Expertise and Vision. If this resonates with you, please apply today!
Gravy Analytics is seeking a motivated IT Support & Cloud Hosting Engineer will provide exceptional and friendly customer service to Gravy employees. Successful candidates are self-starters and are skilled at troubleshooting, show strong sense of ownership, have great customer service skills, and a proactive mindset. You strive to implement best practices; you are not satisfied with following the process “just because” it has always been done that way. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
What You Will Do
- Provide hardware and software support in a mixed PC & Mac environment with Windows, Linux and MacOs operating systems.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving hardware and software related failures and issues.
- Maintain inventory records of IT assets and contribute to the effective asset lifecycle management including repairs, acquisition, refresh, deployment, and disposal.
- Request and place orders for equipment and peripherals.
- Provision/decommission accounts for new hires and exiting employees including user/policy account creation, permissions allocation, creating a file and print shares.
- Assist with user training and IT onboarding.
- Ensure all users and devices adhere to company security standards including, but not limited to, the installation of Sentinel One and 2-factor authentication.
- Participate in developing and maintaining an auditable, standardized, repeatable process for IT support.
- Evaluate office infrastructure including: the review phone hardware and software needs/utilization as well the existing internet service. Make recommendations accordingly.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Research new solutions and/or support the implementation of new solutions as needed.
- Support Security monitoring using existing and new monitoring tools. Support alert resolution by investigating potential issues and resolving unknown parameters (e.g. look up an external IP address that was raised as a possible known bad IP address)
- Support Cloud Hosting operations and work with the Senior Cloud Hosting Engineer
- Provisioning IAM user accounts based on established and new roles, working with Product Team leads to determine the privileges needed for different roles and users
- Create and manage security groups as needed
- Configure DNS settings
- Understand and configure application load balancers
- Create and manage AWS VPCs and related network mechanisms
- Manage and support our VPNs
- Investigate, test and provide knowledge transfer on AWS features which may fit a need and which other team members are not familiar with
- This is a hybrid role and will require you to be onsite 2 days per week on average.
- 3+ years of IT support or IT Administration. AWS experience is preferred.
- You must have impeccable customer service skills especially when supporting remote users over chat, video, or screen sharing solutions.
- Solid background in Mac and PC software and hardware troubleshooting as well as experience with Linux, MacOs and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Slack, Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good listener with a team player attitude, problem solving, issue management, and good technical documentation skills are essential for this position.
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, can work independently, and set priorities.
- Ability to research solutions and prepare recommendations to best service a hybrid/remote workforce. You know how to ‘Google’ it when you don’t know it (research, fact find).
- Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Personal characteristics we value include: high integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative thinking, team player, passion for technology, adaptability, high energy, and attention to detail.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including equity and unlimited PTO.
Gravy Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gravy Analytics is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible), we will provide a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process. To request an accommodation in connection with the application or recruiting process, please contact Human Resources at 703-840-8850 or email@example.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Gravy Analytics participates in the E-Verify program.