Systems Analyst (Experienced)
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a Network Systems Administrator with diverse skills and interests in the information technology field to join the Shipboard Electrical Systems team. The successful candidate will join a team of motivated and highly skilled IT professionals that collaborate with engineers to maintain a network infrastructure that is essential to the design, development, and testing of naval nuclear propulsion instrumentation and control systems for the U.S. Navy. This team provides creative, reliable, and secure IT solutions based on a blend of traditional IT technologies with technologies used to design and test instrumentation and controls systems.
This position provides the opportunity to design, test, implement, and manage the life-cycle of critical network infrastructure systems (i.e., servers, clients, storage, switches, applications, etc…). The ability to evaluate and optimize systems to improve resiliency, performance, and security risk posture. Lastly, the opportunity to support unique troubleshooting challenges.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
• Demonstrated customer service skills, coupled with strong teaming, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge in one or more technologies such as Windows, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco, VMware, VxRail, MS-SQL databases and NetApp.
• Experience configuring and maintaining one or more network systems to include servers, client systems, firewalls, switches, storage and backup systems.
• Experience with cybersecurity technologies such as antivirus, endpoint security, log and event management, application whitelisting, and file integrity monitoring.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Domains, and Group Policy Management.
• Experience with the cybersecurity risk management framework including configuring systems in accordance with hardening guides (i.e., DISA STIG or equivalent) as well as vulnerability management including patching and adjudicating vulnerability scan results.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills including improving processes or using automation techniques such as scripting to make work efforts more efficient.