TIAA Kaspick Investment Analyst I
The Investment Analyst job provides high quality analytical support to the investment team, researching manager, performance, and asset allocation issues that impact the management of the portfolios.. Under limited supervision, this job prepares analyses and/or date and maintains critical exhibits used in meetings with clients.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes analyses of capital markets, investment managers, portfolio exposures, and performance under the direction of a more senior team member. Presents results to the team.
- Collects and maintains data and creates exhibits and other materials for clients and donors on investment issues.
- Participates in portfolio oversight meetings.
- Sits on the Investment Committee.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Additional Job Details to complement Qualifications
- This role will also be responsible for maintaining critical exhibits, and the underlying data, used in meetings with clients. Responsible for automating and systematizing exhibit creation and maintenance, and ensuring the cleanliness and accessibility of the data used.
- Subject matter expert on Morningstar Direct. Responsible for staying current on the vendor’s capabilities and applying them to our needs.
- Prepares analyses for the investment team on fund managers and asset classes to assist the team in managing and monitoring the portfolios and responding to client inquiries. Participates in investment manager meetings.
- Supports TIAA Kaspick portfolio oversight activities, including the creation of annual client account reviews and compliance activities.
- Designs and generates oversight reports using internal applications and Morningstar Direct. Works under close supervision to create analyses and oversight reports that are used by our clients to raise more gifts and to assess our performance.
- Participates in process improvement projects and systems testing efforts.
- Sits on the Investment Committee.
- The role requires solid analytical skills, detail-orientation, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and to meet deadlines.
- The Analyst must be able to define problems and bring the right analytical solution to the table.
- The Analyst must be able to validate data and sources and to proof their work for accuracy and effectiveness of message.
- The Analyst must be able to work as a team player with general supervision, and know when and how to effectively escalate issues to get them resolved in a timely fashion.
- The role requires a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service to internal and external customers.
- 2 years of investment or financial services industry experience.
- CFA preferred or participation is encouraged.
- A basic understanding of capital markets, marketable securities, mutual funds, and accounting.
- A developing understanding of portfolio design, including different asset classes, manager selection and oversight, etc.
- Demonstrated familiarity with data, tools, and software used for investment management research and reporting (e.g. Morningstar Direct and APX).
- The ability to calculate performance returns and related statistical measures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Potential Salary: $85,300.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).