Digital Communications Officer
The Cambridge Community Foundation seeks a Digital Communications Officer to join its dynamic team for a term position of four months, with the possibility of extension. The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting the Foundation’s communications and marketing efforts, including social media activity, website updates, writing e-newsletters, producing multi-media content, supporting outreach and advertising efforts, and other office functions as necessary. They may also play a key role in developing a promotional campaign for an exciting new initiative at the Foundation.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, a team player, and enjoy working within a dynamic environment that is mission- and results-driven. This individual must have a demonstrated capacity to work independently and be a self-starter; have excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills; be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; have strong project management skills and maintain a balance among multiple priorities; and be able to travel to Cambridge, MA 3 days a week as we operate a hybrid office.
This is a full-time, salaried term position with benefits that reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Civic Engagement; hopeful start is October 2022. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help develop, manage, and distribute content for social media, website, email campaigns, newsletters, press releases, promotional materials and other marketing related collateral
- Serve as point for website updates and management; monitor, measure, and analyze website traffic and success of campaigns
- Help create and execute targeted marketing campaigns
- Advance visual story telling through edited video and multi-media
- As part of the team, assist with office support and contribute to staff/office needs as necessary
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular), Wordpress, MailChimp, SEO or equivalent technologies required
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills. Ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience required.