Virtual Recruitment Intern
Atlas Corps seeks an energetic, well-organized Recruitment Intern with intercultural experience, excellent communication skills, and a strong dedication to our mission. Atlas Corps is an international program identified as a “best practice in international exchange” by the Brookings Institution that develops leaders, strengthens organizations and promotes innovation in the nonprofit sector through an international network of skilled professionals addressing critical global issues.
The Atlas Corps Internship is for students who seek experience working for a fast-paced and entrepreneurial nonprofit organization. As part of the Partnerships Team, the Recruitment Intern will primarily work with the Senior Manager of Global Engagement to help with recruitment, selection processes, and global promotion.
Duties and responsibilities
Throughout the internship, the Recruitment Intern will conduct targeted outreach to recruit new Atlas Corps fellowship candidates from around the world. The Recruitment Intern will also help ensure streamlined marketing and communications to potential applicants, gain experience working with our Salesforce Database by adding new contacts, and learn the inner workings of application processing systems such as Embark.
Some specific recruitment tasks include:
- Disseminating information to target applicant pools in creative and efficient ways
- Ensuring potential candidates are identified, contacted, and engaged
- Organizing promotional outreach and processing applications
Following up with global partners to ensure efficient and effective promotion of the Fellowship
Fellow Selection Process
The Intern will support the Fellow recruitment and selection process and ensure that qualified nonprofit leaders interested in Atlas Corps fellowships receive accurate information and have their applications processed and evaluated efficiently. Specific tasks include:
- Reviewing incoming applications from global nonprofit leaders
- Interviewing candidates for the Fellowship, especially those from targeted countries or with targeted skill sets
- Regularly responding to inquiries from around the world on behalf of Atlas Corps
Atlas Corps has a network of over 1,100 alumni from over 110 countries. The Intern will support engagement efforts.
Specific tasks include:
- Drafting posts for the alumni Facebook groups
- Planning virtual networking events
- Internship is open to undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students
- Intern should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Having Gmail and Google Apps skills is a plus
- Study/work abroad experience is a plus
- Interns should be fluent in English
- Interns should be able to work independently, stay organized, take initiative, and pay attention to detail
- Interns should be interested in international relations and cultural exchange
- A positive attitude, an open mind, and a good sense of humor!
Working Conditions and Benefits
- This is a virtual opportunity.
- Eligible internships may receive a one time honorarium depending on the hours worked per week. Interns who serve at least 25 hours per week (on average) will receive $600. Interns who serve at least 15 hours per week (on average) will receive $300.