Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Provide academic, community and social instruction to support the educational programming and physical needs of special education students assigned to the Intermediate Unit programs. Plans curriculum, prepares lessons and other instructional materials according to meet the needs of the students. All instruction should be aligned with the state standards.
* Overseeing the safety of students and staff throughout the day
* Adapting and modifying instructional materials
* Maintaining technology for students and classroom
* Collecting data daily/weekly on all Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals and reporting out in accordance with the school districts reporting schedule
* Developing, writing and implementing IEP’s
* Utilizing evidence based instructional materials and assessment
* Follow school-wide positive behavior support plan and individualized behavior plans
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 193-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Hours are dependent on the needs of the districts. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel may be required for out of school meetings.
Education and Experience:
Level of Degree:
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree
* PA Special Education Certification
* PA K-12 Regular Education Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of team members including parents.
The Bucks IU provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the practice of the Bucks IU to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The practice of providing reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during the recruiting, hiring, or at any time during employment with the Bucks IU, please contact the Director of Human Resources at HR@bucksiu.org