IT Systems Developer III - Agency of Education
Vermont Agency of Digital Services is searching for a new a developer to add to the unit supporting the Agency of Education. This position will be a part of the application development team. The position will be involved in a variety of projects and technologies. This is being hired at multiple levels as we are looking for the right, motivated teammate.
The right candidate will possess a mix of technical knowledge, the ability to learn new systems and think critically in problem solving and solutioning. The position will be expected to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as be comfortable working independently. The position will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of new and existing processes. The current environment affords for opportunity for applications using new designs and architecture as well as integration and development on existing platforms such as SalesForce, Okta, and others. The candidate will be expected to attend meetings with AOE business users to understand goals and requirements.
Good candidates will:
- Greet challenges and technology with enthusiasm
- Possess great communication skills, be comfortable asking questions
- Have knowledge of web-based application development, including UI/UX and frontend design
- Believe in sharing knowledge
- Understand and practice good source control and code documentation
- Be familiar with the application development lifecycle, from requirement gathering to CI/CD
- Stand ready to adopt and adapt to emerging demands
Great candidates will:
- Have robust background developing web-based, cloud applications
- Have experience working with databases, SQL queries and data modeling
- Bring forward new approaches, technologies, processes and suggestions for improvements to our team
- Have dev-ops experience in collaborative environments; optimally MS Azure
Additional consideration will be given for experience with Salesforce, Mulesoft, Copado, MS Power Platform
This position is based out of the National Life Building in Montpelier, VT. Flexible schedules and part time telework are encouraged.
Bachelor's degree in computer science AND two (2) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Associate's degree in computer science or college-level coursework that includes 15 computer science credits AND four (4) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.
Six (6) or more years of experience in computer or network support, programming or analysis, or database administration.