Systems Product Engineer
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Lenovo Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) is a smart infrastructure solutions provider to organizations of all sizes. We are looking for eager and passionate Campus Hires to join our organization and help us fulfill our mission to be the most trusted data center partner – Empowering customers’ Intelligent Transformation, and solving humanity’s greatest challenges.
Lenovo Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) is seeking a recent college graduate for a Product Engineering (PE) role to support Server products within Lenovo’s Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) product portfolio. This role will be based out of Morrisville, NC.
· Interface with customers, Level 1 /2 technical support, and internal Sales teams to drive technical resolution plans for escalated field issues, with key focus on delivering a positive customer experience.
· Perform problem determination and defect root cause isolation by analyzing hardware diagnostic & OS logs.
· Derive technical action plans with urgency to restore production for outages or severe customer-impacting situations.
· Setup systems with customer configuration in the lab to replicate reported field failures.
· Instrument lab debug equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, analyzers) to isolate and debug complex failures.
· Develop field action plans to address design/quality issues which have affected customers including: Stop ships, field communications (Service Tips and Notable issues), Engineering Change (EC) generation, and rolling Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) stock when necessary
· Travel to provide on-site assistance to resolve critical situations (when required).
· Participate in pre-product release activities; take technical positions for defect deferrals and HW design changes and approve product readiness for ship support.
· Maintain key data for products assigned (specifications, publications, Tech Tips, defects, engineering changes and history, product roadmaps, and lifecycle management).
· Conduct lessons learned reviews in a quality closed loop process as part of driving continuous improvement of products and processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
· Server architecture experience
· Experience with Operating Systems (Windows/Linux)
· X86 architecture experience is a plus
· Ability to work onsite at the Morrisville, NC location
What We Will Offer You:
Your experience working for ISG at Lenovo will be exciting, innovating, and challenging. The ISG commitment to PeopleFirst is focused on Employee Experience, Leadership, and One Team, all driving operational excellence and providing you supportive resources to launch your professional career.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.